IGNORED

Article: Matrix X-SABRE Pro (MQA) DAC Review

Thank you very much for the review. I have this DAC, too and additionally the X-SPDIF 2 and the Element H. The predecessor X-Sabre was my very first DSD-ready DAC years ago. I am pretty happy with the X-Sabre Pro (MQA) also with its volume control but I would like to try it with a "right" preamp. Interesting that you have the Ragnarok. I plan to replace my semi-broken Freya (the first version) by a Freya + (or a Denafrips Hestia? 🤔).

Btw, there is a newer USB driver from January 2020 https://www.matrix-digi.com/drivers/Matrix_Audio_All_Driver.rar

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro