sphinxsix

Noise-cancelling ..windows.

Rate this topic

I like the idea, but they could look better x-D

https://newatlas.com/noise-canceling-windows/54451/

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

Wouldn't it be fairly effective to just install double or triple paned glass? What's in those pictures isn't a window, it's a rectangular area in a wall cutout and filled with a device. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Kii Control>Audiolense DRC>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

2 hours ago, firedog said:

Wouldn't it be fairly effective to just install double or triple paned glass? What's in those pictures isn't a window, it's a rectangular area in a wall cutout and filled with a device. 

I have double glazing with 2 different thickness of glass, better than triple glazing with glass all the same thickness of glass I believe for noise, thermally not as good, but more cost effective.

On 2/3/2020 at 4:59 AM, firedog said:

Or they could move to a quieter street.

19 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Or they could move to a quieter street.

I have done that before...  years ago I was living on a particular street in south Minneapolis that turned out to be a main route for fire trucks and ambulances heading south from downtown...

As soon as that lease was up I moved to a much quieter area.

No electron left behind...

3 minutes ago, Nathan15 said:

Triple panned glass does the job just fine, there's no need for intricate alternatives, let's get real.

The whole point of the project was to reduce the noise level from an open window.

3 minutes ago, Kazoots said:

I also like the idea, but the looks is just...

It's a prototype, a proof of concept. I'm sure a more visually appealing design could be created if someone decided to make a commercial product of it.