IGNORED

Not certain what Sonore really does

14 minutes ago, ericuco said:

Seems to me the Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical would fit between your Mac & dCS BArtok.

Both the Mac & Rendu would be connected to a network switch, one with a SFP (fiber optic port).

The Rendu & BArtok would connect via USB.

@Munchoba -- the bartok has network streamer capabilities built in -- the rendu series would be redundant. only reason to go with the rendu series is if you think they would sound better than the bartok on its own.

as mentioned above, you would connect the rendu to the bartok via usb.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
7 minutes ago, Munchoba said:

Thanks. I actually thought the Rendu helped with USB noise, didn't know it acted as a streamer.

I thought it went between the Mac and the Bartok also.  Not exactly sure why Chris raves about it and what it does. 

Bernard 

If you already have a dac you like and a music server, then the rendu series make fabulous renderers/endpoints that connect to your dac via usb. They do one thing and do it really well. 

IMO you should use your Mac as a server and connect your Bartok to your network and use it as an endpoint. This completely eliminates the need for USB. 

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
3 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Another reason is to add support for a protocol (NAA, SqueezeLite, MPD/DLNA, etc) that the dCS does not support.

The Bartok does support UPNP streaming.