IGNORED

Not certain what Sonore really does

Hi,

In Chris' great review of the Meitner DAC, he said:

The best sound, without question, was had by pairing the DV2 with the Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical feeding the USB input of the DV2. 

Can someone explain, in layman terms, where in my system I could use a Sonore? 

System: QNAP NAS, Tidal on my network---dCS Bartok Dac-streamer-XLR to Nagra amp- Acapella speakers.

Mac Mini running Roon--USB into the Bartok.

So, what device and where would I use it in this setup?

Thanks,

Bernard

You two men go that way...

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

I see a few XLR . See picture please.

thx

image.jpg

QNAP TS-131P->2019 Mac Mini-> -> dCS BArtok  -> balanced XLR -> Nagra MPA ->Shunyata Research cables and Hydra 6 -> Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers and REL R-328 SubBase. HiFi Rack Reference audio stand.

Thanks. I actually thought the Rendu helped with USB noise, didn't know it acted as a streamer.

I thought it went between the Mac and the Bartok also.  Not exactly sure why Chris raves about it and what it does. 

Bernard 

Thank you, all of you for these comments.

I have been using the Bartok on my network only for a while now, not using the MAc via USB.

Regards and Thanks again.