rando

The tree of life grows from an AKoin

Rate this topic

This is simply too ridiculous not to post.  

Akon (Senegalese-American singer, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, philanthropist and actoris building a city, Akon City, in Senegal that runs on it's own crytocurrency, AKoin, on land gifted to him by the government.  Behold the majesty that is their native son and success story in this rendering of his great monument to self.

c17c255ffc786f7aa030ff74c50e591c

@rando Your post provoked some sad reflections this morning..

Why no government has ever given me any land.? 

And why nobody named me like: Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Bongo Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam.? :D

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

12 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

@rando Your post provoked some sad reflections this morning..

Why no government has ever given me any land.? 

And why nobody named me like: Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Bongo Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam.? :D

Sphinxsix you have rightfully earned your own land here in our AudiophileStyle world so you may rename yourself: 

King Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Bongo PuruNacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam.

Formerly known as Sphinxsix.

😂

🇳🇱
Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus

EtherRegen, Clock modded Isoregen, Lush^2

4 hours ago, rando said:

Interesting observation from someone who's living in the Netherlands. 

After all, you know, the Dutch know how to CREATE land :P

4 hours ago, rando said:

If you can make it in New York. You can make it anywhere.

Sinatra version of the song sounded on board before landing on JFK Airport when I came to NYC in the 90s. IMO the KLM crew deserve kudos for the idea but the song played in such circumstances can also become an invitation to experimenting during your stay in the Big Apple a little more than you normally would 9_9 Which of course can contribute to maintaining the city's iconic status x-D

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

Yes, that was the joke alright.  Much of that land is devoted to agriculture.  Much along the coastal regions is devoted to maintaining the shipping industry.  What I find most interesting is the ideas on private ownership of land and especially houses.

Didn't actually expect the majority of comments to be about the bulbous towers.  Was hard to pass up mentioning the socialite gag gift 'poking fun' at the ongoing Hudson Yards Development after the tone was set.  I'd say the Sinatra tune was meant to warn new arrivals about the average New Yorker instead of acting as an enabler.  

6 minutes ago, rando said:

What I find most interesting is the ideas on private ownership of land and especially houses.

What do you mean exactly?

―  William Shakespeare.

I may be incorrect here, but I believe there is still a strong tendency towards renting every property owned and then living in a rented space yourself.  Which is in stark contrast to say "The American Dream" or paying off a mortgage.

1 hour ago, rando said:

I may be incorrect here, but I believe there is still a strong tendency towards renting every property owned and then living in a rented space yourself.  Which is in stark contrast to say "The American Dream" or paying off a mortgage.

Can't comment on it, I don't know much of this aspect, haven't noticed such tendency (except from airbnb of course). I actually know many people here who pay off a mortgage. Anyway the real estate market here is an unbelievable situation. It's highly regulated (even private sector renting prices!) with the highest percentage of social housing in Europe (approaching and even passing 50% in the major big cities), with real estate buyers bidding above the asking prices desired by property sellers and renters bidding above asking prices too. I could talk about it for hours so it's better to skip it, I believe.. 

There are not that many spacious properties here.

I love local huge windows though :)

The narrowest house in Amsterdam :) (not my photos).

2c129777e0cdb50f1de9b1ee48087aee.jpg    DHdRrmy.jpg 

A typical house in Leiden where I live..

uitzicht

Ok...just kidding it's an escape room nowadays and Leiden is IMO the most beautiful city in the Netherlands, I just love it! :D

Hooglandse Kerk in Leiden (my photo this time :))

DSC_4534_1.JPG

Leiden..

stadstimmerwerf-galgewater-molen-de-put-credits-kees-hummel.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=1140&height=550&rnd=132182882140000000

―  William Shakespeare.

I was trying to say a lot without going into the peculiar details. 

Beautiful photos.  Other than that ghastly IG filtered b/w one.  :P

I will just take an advice from an old book: tongue for a tongue..

:P

―  William Shakespeare.