IGNORED

Bluetooth speakers with some style...

Just picked up a pair of these:

https://hogtalare.audio/

Each one has two tweeters, one can function as "Stereo". 4 colors available. 

Living_Room_1512x.jpg?v=1564473902

Bed_room_with_Hogtalare_1512x.jpg?v=1564

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

Wow. Those speakers fit exactly into that Kallax shelf unit.  That combination with the right color grills should score high on w.a.f.

Morel purposely designed them to be used on the Kallax (they have a front firing port). Pretty smart move, I think, as the Kallax has sold in the millions around the world. It's pretty good sounding, also. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

15 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Everything that looks like a traditional speaker is being downvoted at this point, haha.

It gets really difficult if it also can't look like a wine basket, bulldog or Devialet..

How about.? 

7-cool-speakers-designs.jpg

or

10-cool-speakers-designs.jpg

or

19-cool-speakers-designs.jpg

or...

9-cool-speakers-designs.jpg

9_9

So I have never actually used Airplay before, is this something that I can direct any audio from an iPhone / iPad or Apple computer to?

The Dynaudio thing looks promising, it does not have Bluetooth, however AirPlay can take its place if it's possible to route all audio through it.

No electron left behind.

14 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

It was my first thought actually...

I kind of thought so.  Your usually up on all things McIntosh.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

2 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

So I have never actually used Airplay before, is this something that I can direct any audio from an iPhone / iPad or Apple computer to?

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

14 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Thats great and all, but not mentioned in that advertisement is whether or not Airplay is app specific or if its something that ALL apps will take advantage of because its controlled by the iDevice and not up to the app.

Probably app specific.  How are going to use your speaker?  Sending music from the iphone/ipad via itunes, roon, Qobuz?

I use a JBL Xtreme portable speaker to play music off my iphone/ipad via bluetooth. It's used in the porch or outside patio listening.  But most of the time I plug the Dragonfly Red into the Aux input and get even better sound quality.  I play mostly Roon or Jriver through this process.

13 minutes ago, ShawnC said:

Probably app specific.  How are going to use your speaker?  Sending music from the iphone/ipad via itunes, roon, Qobuz?

you mean, how will my wife use the speaker...

Probably not be using Roon, probably Spotify, or Apple Music, the MPR app (which I checked, does work with airplay) or who knows what else she'll use. If I turn it on it will probably just be the MPR app for background music or news.

No electron left behind.

3 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

you mean, how will my wife use the speaker...

Probably not be using Roon, probably Spotify, or Apple Music, the MPR app (which I checked, does work with airplay) or who knows what else she'll use. If I turn it on it will probably just be the MPR app for background music or news.

Like your original thought, Bluetooth just works for the most part.  No matter what device your using (apple, android, tablets ...) once its paired your done and almost if not everything just works.  So if airplay isn't supported, the Bluetooth function should just work.  That's what it was designed to do.  So there's a lot of options out there but only a few higher end ones.  

I hate to say it but walk through Best Buy and try a few.  Halsten Entertainment has a few options there I think.  I'm sure HIFI Sound carries the McIntosh wireless speaker.  You could also stop in at Stereoland and see if they carry anything worthwhile.

Good luck with your search

11 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Have you asked her what she wants it to look like?

If so, the next step is get her to make a sketch of what she wants.

If she cannot draw well, then you are home free.

You know Ralf, we actually live together, which means she and I can look at the computer screen together...

No electron left behind.

couples often live together early in a relationship - tho you can screen share using tele-presence

but my point is that you can off-load things onto her time schedule while you occupy yourself with some other task...

I don't have a medical or aeronautical analogy, but in a computer it is like time-sharing

26 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Have you asked her what she wants it to look like?

If so, the next step is get her to make a sketch of what she wants.

If she cannot draw well, then you are home free.

Men know what they want, women know what they don't want.. :)