IGNORED

New USBridge Sig. Player + DigiOne Sig. not working

Wallah

Dear Allo,

I have today received a new USBridge Signature Player (EU) + Digione Signature in the same aluminum case + Shanti. I ordered it with DietPi + Allo GUI.

My first surprise is that it says only USBridge Sig. on the front. It should have said USB Bridge Sig. + Digione Sig. The box has outputs for both SPDIF, BNC and USB. This is a minor irritation though.

The big thing is that I cannot get any sound out of the unit no matter what I do. Let me clarify:

The player is powered up clean side (1A) first then dirty side (3A) via the Shanti LPS.

The Allo DietPi interface is working fine. I have selected the Digione as soundboard. Squeezelite is turned on and set to 16 bit no DSD.  I can see the player in LMS, and I can set it to play but no sound is coming out. It is connected to my DAC (Border Patrol SE-i) via a RCA coax cable. I have tried different cables also BNC with the same negative results.

I have also tried the Shareport in DietPi. I can stream from my iPad to the player but there is still no sound coming out.

I have also tried changing to Moode. It was easy to setup the Digione Signature as the soundboard and get Sqeezelite to work. But still no sound.

This is strange since I also have a Allo Digione Player which is working just fine playing music through Squeezelite in Picoreplayer. Switching back to my old Digione Player I can conclude that my DAC is working and my cables too. I can also conclude that the brand new USBridge Sig. + Digione Sig. unit must be faulty.

Can you please help me sorting out these problems?

• 1 year later...

I'm not getting my new Usbridge Signature to recognize any of the 3 DACs I have when connected to via the rear (clean) USB port.  All the 3 DACs are detected when using the front USB port. I've seen this question asked several times on this forum, but the answer was always PM'd.  Can someone please advise.

12 minutes ago, dberyozkin said:

I'm not getting my new Usbridge Signature to recognize any of the 3 DACs I have when connected to via the rear (clean) USB port.  All the 3 DACs are detected when using the front USB port. I've seen this question asked several times on this forum, but the answer was always PM'd.  Can someone please advise.

Which OS you are using with USBridge signature player ?

Can you please login to the player through ssh and sahre below command result after connecting the DACs to CLEAN USB port

aplay -l 

lsusb

lsusb -t

Can you please share your order number through PM 

Hello,

Thank you for a quick reply. I'm using DietPi.  Please see below. 

root@DietPi:~# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndallodigione [snd_allo_digione], device 0: Allo DigiOne HiFi wm8804-spdif-0 [Allo DigiOne HiFi wm8804-spdif-0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
root@DietPi:~#

root@DietPi:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a2c:4c5e China Resource Semico Co., Ltd USB Keyboard
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0b95:1790 ASIX Electronics Corp. AX88179 Gigabit Ethernet
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0451:8142 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB8041 4-Port Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

root@DietPi:~# lsusb -t
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
        |__ Port 3: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=ax88179_178a, 480M
        |__ Port 4: Dev 4, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
        |__ Port 4: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M