The Computer Audiophile

Article: A 2020 Review of the BluOS Platform

Rate this topic

By the way, BluOs still has a plus in comparison with Roon.

It has support for the REST protocol for external command management over TCP / IP.

This means that BluOS can be used in the Smart HOME alarm and notification system. Roon promises this in the future ( in v.2)

*Play ( and replay) at the event , pre-recorded message about the event . To the required ZONES

This is very important  for the all real MODERN system

Moscow.Russia

37 minutes ago, Nickolay_V said:

By the way, BluOs still has a plus in comparison with Roon.

It has support for the REST protocol for external command management over TCP / IP.

This means that BluOS can be used in the Smart HOME alarm and notification system. Roon promises this in the future ( in v.2)

*Play ( and replay) at the event , pre-recorded message about the event . To the required ZONES

This is very important  for the all real MODERN system

Great point.

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

On 2/3/2020 at 11:35 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

The hardware volume controls on iPhones don't change the level within the BluOS app. 

Cool! Forces the use of software Volume control which is very responsive. Sounds like a good fit for smartphones and Crestron touchscreens. My wife operates the volume control buttons like a gas pedal and expects immediate feedback.

It sure would be great if BluOS supported multi-channel file playback over network though.  I have all these multi-channel music files in Roon to play and no way to get them into my HT receiver unless I buy a NUC or A/V pc to provide HDMI out.