gellie

Looking for Roon endpoint to feed into my Oppo 105

Rate this topic

Started using Roon. Really like it. Looking for good endpoint to feed into my Oppo 105. Using SQT now, but might be on its way out. 

45 minutes ago, gellie said:

Thanks. That is a option. However I’d like a plug and play unit with a screen is possible. 

the recommendation from @plissken was a really good one and is quite easy to set up.  not to mention that it's remarkably inexpensive on a relative basis. also, since you asked for a roon endpoint, there's nothing for a screen to display (roon bridge doesn't display anything locally).

what's your budget?  what else is in your system besides the oppo?

source:  intel nuc8i5 (roon rock) > intel nuc6i5 (win 10, ao, roon bridge, dirac v1) > schiit yggdrasil (gen 5, analog 2)
headphone rig:  bryston bha-1 > senn hd600
two-channel rig:  luminous audio axiom ii xlr walker mod > parasound a21 > monitor audio gx100

6 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

the recommendation from @plissken was a really good one and is quite easy to set up.  not to mention that it's remarkably inexpensive on a relative basis. also, since you asked for a roon endpoint, there's nothing for a screen to display (roon bridge doesn't display anything locally).

what's your budget?  what else is in your system besides the oppo?

Thanks. Budget 500-1000. Currently have the SBT connected to the Oppp 105 via USB (running EDO). Oppo connected into Marantz AVR 7005. I also have the SBT connected to the Marantz via analog. Second zone powered by Adcom GFA 550. 

1 hour ago, gellie said:

Thanks. That is a option. However I’d like a plug and play unit with a screen is possible. 

It has something better: a page you can hit with your web browser. You CAN get a 7" screen and connect it to the Geek Port. I have one and just use the Web UI. 

From allo.com, Volumio, pro-Ject you can get an assembled player that will fit your needs. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Kii Control>Audiolense DRC>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)