IGNORED

Schiit Audio Releases its Unison USB Upgrade

Thanks for this Chris!  I have completely avoided USB inputs on all Schiit DACs I have because the sound quality from USB was always not as good as the other inputs.  Apparently, Mike Moffat agreed.  Having to schlep my Yggy and Gumby to Newhall CA to get this done is never fun, but certainly easier than those who would have to ship.

9 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Thanks for this Chris!  I have completely avoided USB inputs on all Schiit DACs I have because the sound quality from USB was always not as good as the other inputs.  Apparently, Mike Moffat agreed.  Having to schlep my Yggy and Gumby to Newhall CA to get this done is never fun, but certainly easier than those who would have to ship.

Why not do it yourself? It will likely take half the time of driving there, not to mention waiting, or the second trip to pick it back up.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

7 minutes ago, all300b said:

The famous Robert E. Greene of Absolute Sound stated that the entirety of digital audio was solved with the Benchmark DAC1 USB. 

That quote was over the top in a rather MQA-like way as I recall:

"To my mind and ears, the Benchmark DAC1 Pre marks something of a new era in audio."

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 minute ago, plissken said:

"Forget decrapifiers, regenerators, isolators, and all the USB dongles and boxes you’ve been told you need for USB sound. Our all-new Gen 5 USB input doesn’t require any of that stuff. It’s this simple: Gen 5 is USB, solved."
- Mike Moffat, 2017

Been down this road already in this thread. Engineers can improve upon solutions they once deemed perfect. Done. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, plissken said:

"Forget decrapifiers, regenerators, isolators, and all the USB dongles and boxes you’ve been told you need for USB sound. Our all-new Gen 5 USB input doesn’t require any of that stuff. It’s this simple: Gen 5 is USB, solved."
- Mike Moffat, 2017

Clearly, they realised their business mistake in declaring anything done. The road to fortune is paved with upgrades.

On the flip side, there's nothing wrong with admitting that the "solved" statement was premature and making something even better.

Mine is on order. Thankfully I don't need to ship them the Yggy.

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X