IGNORED

192 Khz files won't play on Digione/Raspberry combination

Hi Just recently purchased an Allo Digione plus raspberry pi 3. I purchased it so that my Roon software could send up to 192 kHz to my Onkyo TX 8270 receiver ( ethernet connected).

It currently plays 192kHz files perfectly from my Synology NAS drive via the Onkyo app, but I wanted a more sophisticated interface

The Digione handles MQA files up to 96 Khz but the 192 Khz files it downsamples  to 96Khz

But with my 192 Khz files from my NAS drive there is no sound , Roons signal path says that everything is working fine 192Khz is being delivered . Although 96 Khz files and below play fine.

I have installed Ropiee on the SD card on the Raspberry , which is ethernet connected

Is either Ropiee or Digione limited to 96Khz

This is very disappointing as I was already gearing 96Khz via a google chrome cast audio connected my Onkyo receiver- so potentialy I have just spent close to £200 for no good reason

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

kind of the same problem here. I recently bought a RaspberryPi 4/Allo DigiOne. It sounds wonderful, if it works. The thing is, when I play 'normal' 16/44 FLAC files there's nothing to worry about. 24/96 are sometimes a problem. Sometimes they don't give a sound through my DAC (Cambridge Audio - DACmagic first edition). When this happens I can do two thing: 1. restart the Pi and try again, or 2. stop the 96-FLAC, play a 'normal' FLAC to "reset" and then go back to the 96-FLAC and it plays fine. The 192khz FLACs are a no go. The Pi/DigiOne is quiet. Nothing happens, and most of the time I need to reset everything. Last week I bought another (cheap) 192khz-DAC to test it with 192-FLACs. That worked for a moment. The second time it again stopped playing and I had to reset it all. What can be the problem? Can you help me figuring this out?

Thanks very much!

Best Regards,

Ruud

1 hour ago, rude64 said:

Hi,

kind of the same problem here. I recently bought a RaspberryPi 4/Allo DigiOne. It sounds wonderful, if it works. The thing is, when I play 'normal' 16/44 FLAC files there's nothing to worry about. 24/96 are sometimes a problem. Sometimes they don't give a sound through my DAC (Cambridge Audio - DACmagic first edition). When this happens I can do two thing: 1. restart the Pi and try again, or 2. stop the 96-FLAC, play a 'normal' FLAC to "reset" and then go back to the 96-FLAC and it plays fine. The 192khz FLACs are a no go. The Pi/DigiOne is quiet. Nothing happens, and most of the time I need to reset everything. Last week I bought another (cheap) 192khz-DAC to test it with 192-FLACs. That worked for a moment. The second time it again stopped playing and I had to reset it all. What can be the problem? Can you help me figuring this out?

Thanks very much!

Best Regards,

Ruud

what output device do you have specified in the settings?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Hi after much musing - came to the conclusion that the digital inputs on my Onkyo TX 8270 are restricted to 96khz , so have returned the raspberry digione combo - and reverted back to chromecast audio via tosslink cable into optical input - works fine and much cheaper - but can get 192khz via Tidal - Roon rendering and Onkyo converting gets around the capacity restriction of the digital input socket

Derek