IGNORED

Article: EMM Labs DV2 DAC Review

20 hours ago, manisandher said:

Chris, my understanding is that the DV2 is MQA-compatible. It'd be great to get Ed's views on MQA, and why he's decided to include it in the DV2. Is it just to give owners choice, or is it because he feels it has sonic merits?

Mani.

Well, not even glancing in that direction. Until MQA is not included

Just now, EMM Labs said:

We included MQA support in the DV2 to satisfy market demand for it. Hard stop. IF customers want to listen to MQA material - the DV2 supports that material with MQA's filters.

That said, when non-MQA material is passed through the DV2 the MQA filters are bypassed completely.

We hope this answers your questions or concerns.

-Ed & the EMM Labs team.

The way I see it, including MQA in Your products equals endorsement.

Anyone that endorses a fake product will not get a purchase from me.

I mean why would I give money to someone that sell a product that includes a scam ?

1 hour ago, EMM Labs said:

Our M.O. is quite clear: to give all of our customers a state-of-the-art audio experience regardless of their preferred format, music genre or hair colour. We just ask that you choose between black and silver finishes. We also respect the saying "different strokes for different folks" and therefore we respect your decision.

-EMM Labs

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 11.19.47 AM.png

Well I needed to know when the last possible version without MQA was available, so I could stop updating before MQA infested my system.

I have written extensively with Damien regarding the inclusion of MQA.

I have not bought the latter versions 3.x for precisely that reason. (Did the same with ROON as well as TIDAL)

I don't want to support MQA therefore I don't support companies that support MQA !

My little contribution to putting MQA out of business