IGNORED

Considering the locally stored ROON database is constantly growing...

How big do you think the SSD on my ROON Server Mac Mini should be?  SSDs are getting cheaper and it's time to replace the 60GB years old SSD in the Mini currently with something that will allow that constantly growing ROON database to grow without limits.

The music is on an external drive, the internal SSD just has the OS and ROON Server.

No electron left behind.

As of this moment, I have 42.37GB free with just over 4GB purgable according to Disk Utility, no doubt just time machine snapshots that it fills the drive with no matter what...

I have a NAS I use as a backup and an identical NAS at my Brothers house as a backup to that. 

I suppose I could switch the location in ROON of the locally stored files and see how that goes and if it introduces any undesirable effects.

No electron left behind.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:45 PM, AudioDoctor said:

As of this moment, I have 42.37GB free with just over 4GB purgable according to Disk Utility, no doubt just time machine snapshots that it fills the drive with no matter what...

I have a NAS I use as a backup and an identical NAS at my Brothers house as a backup to that. 

I suppose I could switch the location in ROON of the locally stored files and see how that goes and if it introduces any undesirable effects.

I find the Roon squeezelite option used with NAS storage to sound better than local stored media with Roon, quite a surprise when I tried that recommendation from the "monster" thread. Without squeezelite, I preferred local storage.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system