IGNORED

*Static Using Allo USBridge Signature*

Jozzer

Hi,

I'm having awful problems with static noise through my speakers on dietpi. I've stepped back on previous advice to dietpi 6.18.14 and kernel 4.14.92. Still getting intermittent and occasional loud static noise (continuous, not clicks, pops or crackles). My setup is as follows:-

Intel NUC5i7RYH running macOS Catalina. Software installed is Roon Server and HQ Player (latest version) HQ Player is set as NAA

My NUC is connected to my router by Chord C Stream Ethernet Cable. 

My router connects by Chord C Stream Ethernet Cable to Allo USBridge Signature.

Allo USBridge Signature connects by Audioquest Carbon USB cable to Chord Hugo TT

Chord Hugo to Naim Nap 200 DR to PMC Twenty 24's

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I have included images of screenshot setup with dietpi and HQ Player

Thanks

Mark

DietPi 1.png

DietPi 2.png

DietPi 3.png

DietPi 4.png

HQ Player.jpg

On 1/17/2020 at 11:44 PM, Jozzer said:

Hi,

I'm having awful problems with static noise through my speakers on dietpi. I've stepped back on previous advice to dietpi 6.18.14 and kernel 4.14.92. Still getting intermittent and occasional loud static noise (continuous, not clicks, pops or crackles). My setup is as follows:-

Intel NUC5i7RYH running macOS Catalina. Software installed is Roon Server and HQ Player (latest version) HQ Player is set as NAA

My NUC is connected to my router by Chord C Stream Ethernet Cable. 

My router connects by Chord C Stream Ethernet Cable to Allo USBridge Signature.

Allo USBridge Signature connects by Audioquest Carbon USB cable to Chord Hugo TT

Chord Hugo to Naim Nap 200 DR to PMC Twenty 24's

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I have included images of screenshot setup with dietpi and HQ Player

Thanks

Mark

DietPi 1.png

DietPi 2.png

DietPi 3.png

DietPi 4.png

HQ Player.jpg

Forwarded PM please check

• 1 month later...

Hi Sebastian,

Please can you message Allo as well, unless you already have.

I've got a Chord Hugo TT and am getting intermittent static noise when switching from album to album or track to track. Seems to be more prevalent on 48 kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz all 24bit upsampled via HQ Player to 384kHz.

Also getting very occasional millisecond volume reduction in stream on the same frequencies.

Are you using HQ Player? with DietPi NAA? or Ropieee

Lets try to help each other out!

Cheers,

Mark

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Allo I have received USBridge and Shanti in last few days. I have it connected to a Resonessence Invicta DAC over USB and it is running volumio (atm). It is also connected to a wired ethernet network.

I am finding that I can hear occasional clicks in the audio when streaming from my NAS. There are also periodic, very brief, pauses in the audio stream. This is not a state of affairs I can tolerate.

Note: the network connection to my NAS is rock solid. I have used it with Jriver running on a custom PC for years and have never experienced this type of issue.

17 minutes ago, media-mogul said:

@Allo I have received USBridge and Shanti in last few days. I have it connected to a Resonessence Invicta DAC over USB and it is running volumio (atm). It is also connected to a wired ethernet network.

I am finding that I can hear occasional clicks in the audio when streaming from my NAS. There are also periodic, very brief, pauses in the audio stream. This is not a state of affairs I can tolerate.

Note: the network connection to my NAS is rock solid. I have used it with Jriver running on a custom PC for years and have never experienced this type of issue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 8:58 AM, media-mogul said:

@allo, I'm having the same issue.  Intermittent popping using a USBridge and Shanti.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Me too! Three problems

1. Pops and clicks unless I use an ancient kernel.

2. Static in right hand channel when upsampling to 768kHz (705kHz is ok)

3. Shanti buzzing in a very annoying way that can be heard from my hallway when unit is situated in my music room and obviously during quiet passages in the music.

Please forward PM.

i5 7600 fanless pc running Ubuntu 22.04 and HQPlayer Desktop > Cisco switch > 10Gtek fibre network > Raspberry Pi4 HQPlayerNAA > IFi purifier 3 > SRC-DX > Chord Qutest > Jotunheim 2 preamplifier > Ncore monoblocks > KEF R5 speakers.

6 hours ago, blueninjasix said:

Me too! Three problems

1. Pops and clicks unless I use an ancient kernel.

2. Static in right hand channel when upsampling to 768kHz (705kHz is ok)

3. Shanti buzzing in a very annoying way that can be heard from my hallway when unit is situated in my music room and obviously during quiet passages in the music.

Please forward PM.