IGNORED

YouTube TV horrid sound quality

I have had YouTube TV for a year now.  I have 2 Roku Premier +'s, and 1 Roku Ultra.  They sound the same, and nothing like you are describing.  Yes, it's 2 channel pcm, and can't sound like DD or DTS, but it's coming.  YouTube TV says they currently have bigger fish to fry.  For now, I live with it.  I'm a big fan of everything else about it.

2 minutes ago, esldude said:

That is odd then.  I currently can switch between the satellite feed, and youtube TV.  I also have some movies I could find and switch between them.  The odd man out was the harsh bright youtube TV sound.  I agree I liked everything else about it.

It sounds noticeably bad on news broadcasts, sports commentators, movies, shows or anything. 

Don't get me wrong, the sound isn't great, but not like you describe.  For me it's mainly the level of clarity, dynamics, and of course channel separation that are lacking.  One of my setups is running through a Panasonic sound bar that I like for what it is, and another running through my home theater rig with dual 18" LMS Ultra subs.  

I have 3 friends that switched to YTTV, and I'm certain they feel the same as I do.

My first friend just told me that he would not describe the sound hard, metallic, and certainly not bright.  Depending on the source material, it can very from ok, to good sounding.  It's not as clear as DD, and the processed 2 channel pcm is not like DD, but he would not complain about the sound.