IGNORED

'studio' vs 'studio premium/premier'/other 'stuff'

@dmackta Can you or anyone else explain the difference between my yearly subscription of STUDIO which I upgraded/changed to yearly when it was offered t on Nov 19, 2019 and paid I think about 137$ and this now new offer for 149.99$? Should I upgrade or change to this new level and why should I--what does this offer that I don't already have?

Also in regard to my other post about making all/some of my self made playlists available as 'PUBLIC' I was able to do that by utilizing 'WEB PLAYER' and changing/modifying the playlists couldn't do this from my desktop Qobuz-- i never used Web Player before and when i tried to play music from it a box came up in upper right corner something cast.chrome search for devices and couldn't find any YET on my iPad Pro this Web Player works with all my playlists listed but only plays in 16/44 not in HiRes BUT if i go to the iPad Pro app it plays in HiRes this is all very confusing-- on my desktop app am playing Gene Clark right now in 24/96 and on my iPad Pro app says HiRes/96 also.

What exactly is this 'WEB PLAYER' and should it be my default(obviously not because it only plays 16/44 correct).

Finally if one goes to Qobuz 'help'/'support' they ask questions about media player/operating system the choices are confusing doesn't iOS and MAC mean the same thing and same goes when asking what app I use.

Otherwise Qobuz remains superlative SQ wise, choices of music/offerings etc AND all my TIDAL playlists always come over via Soundiiz Premium almost all intact and sound so much better especially those LOUD MQAs that now play in HiRes!!!

Thanks

bobbmd

On 1/15/2020 at 2:33 PM, bobbmd said:

@dmackta Can you or anyone else explain the difference between my yearly subscription of STUDIO which I upgraded/changed to yearly when it was offered t on Nov 19, 2019 and paid I think about 137$ and this now new offer for 149.99$? Should I upgrade or change to this new level and why should I--what does this offer that I don't already have

I am a UK Qobuz subscriber and our streaming plans are slightly different to the USA service. However I understand that Studio subscribers will be automatically upgraded to Studio Premier when their subscription renews.Premium is MP3.

The Web player is what is says it is. A player that is not downloaded to your computer but is on the World Wide Web. This means that it is accessed though a normal web browser. It is inferior to the desktop player as certain aspects have been removed including gapless playing. It should not IMO be your default player. There are many aspects for which you can modify playlists on the desktop player. Open your playlist and look for the three dots in a white circle to the left of the screen and select it.

IOS and Mac are not the same thing. IoS is Apple's operating system for portable devices and Mac is the operating system for full computers.

1 hour ago, PAR said:

On 1/15/2020 at 2:33 PM, bobbmd said:

they ask questions about media player/operating system the choices are confusing doesn't iOS and MAC mean the same thing and same goes when asking what app I use.

IOS and Mac are not the same thing. IoS is Apple's operating system for portable devices and Mac is the operating system for full computers.

See what happens when style replaces computer.🙄

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox