IGNORED

SOLD | Rare, LFD NCSE Mk II integrated amp

Asking US $3,450 or best offer. If you meet the asking price, I will include shipping to any US location and, in addition, include two pair of Rothwell attenuators (10 and 15 db).  There is a user manual, but it is extremely basic. The original power cord is included.

This unit was purchased new, by me, from the California distributor in November, 2015.  This is a one-owner unit, used and has been kept in a clean, non-smoking, no pet, household.  The LFD amplifiers are each hand-built by Dr. Richard Bews in England.  The sound is wonderful...this amp has been driving (never, ever over-driven!!) my Revel F208's beautifully for 4 years.  Note that none of the LFD amplifiers have a remote control.  The front panel has volume, mode selector and channel selector knobs.  The rear panel has the power plug, 4 speaker binding posts, 5 rca inputs and, in addition, tape in and tape out connections.  There is a tiny ding on the upper right corner of the front panel.  Otherwise, in great (8.5 out of 10) shape.

From Stereophile's 2014 listing of recommended integrated amplifiers:

"LFD NCSE: $6495
A bigger and more powerful version of LFD's excellent Mk.IV LE, the NCSE Mk.II measures 17.2" W by 3.25" H by 15.7" D, and is rated to deliver 70Wpc. The basic circuit remains the same, with a pair of MOSFET output transformers for each channel. The NCSE Mk.II retained the smaller model's speed, transparency, harmonic accuracy, and illuminated-from-within quality, but added improved bass and dynamics, said ST. "If you like the Mk.IV LE but feel you're running out of power, the NCSE Mk.II would be the better choice, particularly if you're driving bigger speakers in a bigger room," he advised."

Will accept PayPal.

LFD.jpg