The Computer Audiophile

New Pearl Jam Album "Gigaton" and Tour!

Rate this topic

The title has its weight.

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

Congratulations, a iconic band, in a iconic venue. Hopefully you don't have to take out a loan for ticket prices 😉.

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

10 minutes ago, ShawnC said:

Congratulations, a iconic band, in a iconic venue. Hopefully you don't have to take out a loan for ticket prices 😉.

The Pearl Jam fan club treats its members nice. The service fee is from ticket master. Each ticket was $103. 

7A663F7E-F267-43A1-A501-58A81E0825AE.jpeg

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

19 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The Pearl Jam fan club treats its members nice. The service fee is from ticket master. Each ticket was $103. 

7A663F7E-F267-43A1-A501-58A81E0825AE.jpeg

Service fee $49.40, what a joke. Still a good price all things considered

Motley Crue at the top of their game in 1990, $18.54 tax included. 

F256E4CB-C09F-4587-BFCC-C6CD33745D65.jpeg

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

I wished I would have kept more stubs. I have a couple old ones like this but without the price. Metallica from 86’ is my oldest also saw Van Halen that year my first big concert, 7th grade. At Metallica I was a little scared of the crowd. 

The Thunderbird, classic meeting point. 

2 hours ago, ShawnC said:

I wished I would have kept more stubs. I have a couple old ones like this but without the price. Metallica from 86’ is my oldest also saw Van Halen that year my first big concert, 7th grade. At Metallica I was a little scared of the crowd. 

The Thunderbird, classic meeting point. 

I had a stub collection but the ink disappeared off most of them. 

Oh no, the new album was mixed in Dolby Atmos. Now I need a ton more speakers!!!

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/pearl-jam-eddie-vedder-unveils-new-album-gigaton-1203479780/amp/

Greer encouraged the band to mix “Gigaton” in Dolby Atmos and present it in that format at today’s playback to highlight Evans’ production work. Indeed, “Gigaton” is believed to be the first album released by the Universal Music Group in Dolby Atmos sound. “It’s such a unique way to experience the album and appreciate the level of effort the band put into it,” says Greer.”

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Oh no, the new album was mixed in Dolby Atmos. Now I need a ton more speakers!!!

Nah, just play that version on your home theater Dolby Atoms system.  You do have a home theater for the rest of your family right? That's how this works.  You get the 2 channel glory and they get The Bachelor in 4K with all the surround gubbly gock 😉 

3 hours ago, STC said:

sorry... I am still short of 36 more. 

I regret we didn't 'meet' in the beginning of this millennium - I had a-garage-full (including central speakers and pretty good subwoofers) of these back then (they were designed to be hung on the wall, seems an interesting option for a 124ch ;) surround system):

Image result for sequence  speakers

12 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

regret we didn't 'meet' in the beginning of this millennium

At that time I believed nothing can be better than 2 channel SACD. ;) 

1 hour ago, STC said:

At that time I believed nothing can be better than 2 channel SACD. ;) 

4 hours ago, STC said:

sorry... I am still short of 36 more. 

I think bookmakers should take bets on the number of your system's channels in 2030  ;)

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Are you going?  It's at the Oakdale Marcus theater.  Tickets not for sale yet on the website.  It's right off 694 and 10th st. in Oakdale.  The major 94/694/494 interchange is only 1/4 mile away, so easy too get to after going through dwnt St. Paul.

2 minutes ago, ShawnC said:

Are you going?  It's at the Oakdale Marcus theater.  Tickets not for sale yet on the website.  It's right off 694 and 10th st. in Oakdale.  The major 94/694/494 interchange is only 1/4 mile away, so easy too get to after going through dwnt St. Paul.

I looked and didn’t see anything in MN!

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I looked and didn’t see anything in MN!

My mistake, it's the one by Fleet Farm, off of Hwy 36 and 694.  Look under country not state and scroll down to Oakdale (not in order).  Probably not official yet.

https://pearljam.com/onenightonly/screenings/?country=US

I'm not a member of those prepay ticket theaters, but I have tomorrow off work and can stop by the theater and find out more about it.  I  live here in the east metro so it's no problem.

1 hour ago, ShawnC said:

My mistake, it's the one by Fleet Farm, off of Hwy 36 and 694.  Look under country not state and scroll down to Oakdale (not in order).  Probably not official yet.

https://pearljam.com/onenightonly/screenings/?country=US

Wow, talk about hidden! I wouldn’t have seen it. 

0646E41D-2D0C-4F05-8F8C-F98BE0DB91A9.png

Only 6 seats left, not together and in the front row only. $12.50

I passed on it.