IGNORED

Original Design Speakers.

1 minute ago, RickyV said:

I have have always disliked these speakers.

CA9BD31F-AB74-40DE-BB19-31A9FBBA05D5.jpeg.fe1474847c57ecb5f7b5339cef444950.jpeg

Why? Because the plastic was so thin they resonated al over the place, so looks only.

With speaker design the shape of the speaker has a purpose also the material and sturdiness etc. So for me it it’s form meets function.

I've always hated their looks too.

16 hours ago, DuckToller said:

Here are design speaker from the guy who had his creative high with te film "the 5th element", he propelled back to kicthen design imho 😉

Or maybe even a bathroom design.. x-D

15 hours ago, RickyV said:

First pic:

In case of form meets function, I like the first one. Nice point source MTM configuration. Narrow at the tweeter, wider at the mids. Never the same distance from the middle of the driver to the edge of the cabinet. Mmmm not sure of the time alignment of the woofer.

I agree. I also think they look very cool but I'm not sure if the (nicely designed) base is sufficiently stiff.

15 hours ago, RickyV said:

Second pic:

Nice point source coaxial driver raindrop shape cabinet.

Four way coaxial driver! I've never had a chance to hear high end Cabasse speakers but there is no doubt this is not 'design' audio gear but a serious one. BTW L'Ocean speakers (80k) from the photo have a bigger brother (also 4-way design with 55cm woofer!) La Sphère (Stereophile review link) (€180k)

Image result for cabasse la sphère

16 hours ago, RickyV said:

Third pic:

Probably crap

I agree. 

In general I like spheres, I also think that that such cabinets may have quite good acoustic properties. 

14 hours ago, RickyV said:

And look like,

Only a little worse... (I think B&W should sue Elipson)  :)

14 hours ago, semente said:

Guess who came up with the idea?

By the way:

de27l5u.gif

It is about diffraction (reflected sound characteristics) not about given cabinet shape inner resonances/standing waves - right.?

13 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

If the speaker looks like a space alien, you always wonder if they are friendly or not

Do you have a bit elevated anxiety level.? ;)

Ok, I admit - these don't look particularly friendly x-D:

Related image

3 hours ago, semente said:

Gradient

IMO they look like they've been designed by a not particularly brilliant 7y.o. or the one with ADHD, not remembering which module shape he used a moment earlier... 9_9

• 1 month later...