IGNORED

SACD ripping services?

Mike Rubin

I no longer can play my SACD's other than as Redbooks because my Sony player died and cannot be fixed.  On the Internet, I have been able to "borrow" iso's for all but two double-SACD albums and, thanks to ISO2DSD, have been playing the files as dsf's.  I still would like to have access to the two SACD's that I can't listen to in hi-res, i.e., "Yo Miles!" and "Sky Garden," both by Henry Kaiser and Wadada Leo Smith.  

I am aware of a company called Golden Ear, but I recall seeing there is a minimum charge that would not make it economical to use this service.  I don't want to pay more to rip these albums than I did to acquire them. 

Are you aware of anyone, perhaps someone local to me in the San Francisco Bay Area, who can handle small orders like this?

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

If you have a good number of SACDs, then it might be advantageous to buy a player that can rip your SACDs. I've seen compatible players priced in the $100.00 - $1000.00 (or more range). Here is a list of compatible players from the very long thread that discusses the topic:

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Thanks, guys, but I found iso's for all but these two titles.  I really don't have a huge need for a player now and it's more cost effective just to have these discs ripped. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s