IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

7 minutes ago, Exocer said:

Getting back on track:

I have decided to give this setup a few days to settle in before providing detailed thoughts.

What I will say is this certainly does sound different than 19v + 12v (to EPS) and I do not know how much of that difference comes from the use of the Ghent cable. This is an apples to oranges comparison so take from it what you will :). Is it a good or bad difference? I do not think it is fair to say just yet.

One thing is for sure, the 19v 10A SR7T can peacefully provide stable power to a full ATX motherboard, CPU, Optane drive, NIC, USB card without a hitch.

Will share more details in the coming days.

Cheers,

-Rob 

Cheers Rob. Keep posts coming. 

One other synergy out with the Taiko ATX is having such short cables from ATX to EPS & Mobo. This will help my OCD for sure. 

27 minutes ago, dminches said:

The difference is that Taiko Audio was not posting here.  DIYers are.  In addition, you called out one of your competitors by saying what they are saying on their website is false, which is not appropriate especially since you don’t really know.

Taiko joined this topic the same day I did. @JayM posted specification of their DC-ATX board on this very page. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

6 minutes ago, Nenon said:

Informing people about products that are useful for DIY is very welcomed here Marcin.

But you did much more than that and also challenged my integrity, twice. If you really want to know which parts were inappropriate, let me know and I will point them out. Otherwise, let's just move on. 

Here is the thread Marcin started:

It will be a an interesting thread. Marcin has been doing those things way before me and I've learned from him in the past. In fact, he gets full credit for the Apacer RAM. And I am sure he has other tricks we can learn from him. 

He and I may not agree on power supplies but we don't have to.

I agree, let's move on. 

Best regards,
Marcin 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

34 minutes ago, matthias said:

I want to confirm that I myself removed this post and NOT Taiko Audio.

Taiko Audio was in no way involved in my decision to remove it.

@Marcin_gps please stop to spread false assumptions.

Matt

@matthias you  can NOT remove your own posts on WBF forum. Only administrator or moderator can.  Being a registered user on WBF, you should know this. 

Also I did not write that Taiko Audio removed the post. I wrote that the post was removed. There is a significant diffrence. Please read my post again. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

7 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

@matthias you  can NOT remove your own posts on WBF forum. Only administrator or moderator can.  Being a registered user on WBF, you should know this. 

Surely every WBF member can delete his own posts.

Please do not talk BS. 

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

2 hours ago, Nenon said:

Yes, I tested many transformers and picked the one I liked the best. Emile placed a large order of them (there was a significant minimum order he had to do), and they are due soon. 

Are you guys using Toroidy (in case you are willing to share)? Just curious.

Guys,

Have we started looking at Gen3 Xeon Scalable CPUs? What we have below looks like a newer alternative to the highly hailed Xeon Silver 4210 CPU:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/215283/intel-xeon-silver-4310t-processor-15m-cache-2-30-ghz/specifications.html

Here is a comparison between the 4310T and 4210.

The 4310T is a 10nm design running at a slightly higher base/turbo clock speed.

The interesting part that we may all benefit from is a larger cache! 13.75 to 15mb.

The downside? TDP appears to jump to 105W but with none of us planning to upsample with these Xeon Builds we should be fine.

Another downside: A new socket :(

Back to the ol' motherboard hunt. Also, I am assuming that this CPU will sound just as good as or better than the 4210. It is never good to assume. Perhaps there are other good discoveries to encounter.

I suspect Asus motherboards similar to the C621 sage will be a good place to start once they become available.

33 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

Also I did not write that Taiko Audio removed the post. I wrote that the post was removed. There is a significant diffrence. Please read my post again. 

Actually, you did.

You wrote "Regarding the power supply used in Taiko SGM Extreme and the lack of Taiko response, plus the fact that Taiko removed @matthias question in the official Taiko Extreme thread is enough for me to draw conclusions. "

"..Taiko removed..."

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

20 minutes ago, dminches said:

Actually, you did.

You wrote "Regarding the power supply used in Taiko SGM Extreme and the lack of Taiko response, plus the fact that Taiko removed @matthias question in the official Taiko Extreme thread is enough for me to draw conclusions. "

"..Taiko removed..."

Building a DIY Music Server 

If we only could avoid and remove some personal comments here, we all could benefit from a reset.

please pm

10 hours ago, ASRMichael said:
On 4/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, ASRMichael said:

Thanks can you just clarify; So the case is compatible with other motherboards & CPU’s but the Taiko cpu heatsink & heat pipes are not? 

Yes, CPU heatsinks and heat pipes will be included but only for the LGA3647 square.

@JayM

Hi can you please clarify? 

Hee ASRMichael, sorry did not see your question.

The chassis is compatible with pretty much all standard size motherboards (mini ITX up to SSI EEB).

For now we only have a LGA3647 square heatsink planned, this will fit on any LGA3647 square socket. You cannot use this 'LGA3647 square' heatsink on a 'LGA3647 narrow' socket.

The CPU heatsink will have  four recesses for 6mm heat pipes. 

Hopefully this answers your remaining questions, if not just let me know! :)

Works at Taiko Audio

7 hours ago, Nenon said:

No, we did not use Toroidy. It's a Noratel transformer from a factory in Sri Lanka. Noratel has a lot of factories, but that particular factory is pretty good. I don't know why but in this application it sounded a little better than the Toroidy. Toroidy Supreme was my second choice. They were very close to a tie. For other applications I would have picked Toroidy but here the Noratel was slightly better. 

Which wattage does the transformer have?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)