IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

26 minutes ago, NanoSword said:

I see all of them have same volt 12/GND like EPS1.

I just see that my Taiko circuit diagram looked different. EPS 2 was still called PCIe and EPS 1 was called CPU.

So another use case would be the connection with
Taiko ATX EPS 1 to 8 pin CPU EPS &

EPS 2 to 4 pin CPU EPS?

16 minutes ago, NanoSword said:

This is my exact question, can you try this method to connect both 8 pin and 4 pin at the same time .

Ok i did it. 😉

Of course, this is only possible with one Keces P8 (20V). It works. Unfortunately I cannot say whether the motherboard accepts the 4 pin CPU LPS but I suspect it will.

In a direct, quick listening comparison, however, 2 Keces P8 are still better. The bass is more accentuated and the space opens up better.

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

I shot the top-side of the transformer, since I had the top off.

Thanks. But what do the CPU sensors say? I think you can read it out with HWMonitor.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, jacky5555 said:

I read good things about taiko dc-atx,  but it seems working best with high voltage unregulated LPS as many members here suggested, whereas mine is DC4 19v 10A.

Yes, I have read that too and, due to a lack of personal experience, I cannot comment on it. I operate the Taiko DC-ATX device on a Keces P8 (20V / 8A).

Unfortunately I had to find out that the direct supply of the CPU with a second G-Keces (P8 12V / 8A) is still better. The G stands for Dr. Gert Volk, a German engineer who has further smoothed the electricity output. The Taiko DC ATX device only powers the motherboard. Since a very high quality Solarflare X2522 NIC with a high power requirement is connected to the PCIe slot, the supply with Taiko brings a lot.

This can look different with an unregulated power supply unit. On the other hand your DC 4 is very good, that's why I recommended Taiko.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, msb1 said:

Does anyone know of a suitable card supported by Euphony?

Solarflare NICs e. G. SFN8522, X2522 are the best I know. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

especially after switching off SATA controllers in BIOS

I do the same thing. The Apacher SSDs have a SATA 6 Gb/s interface. Doesn't that require an enabled SATA controller?

On the msi motherboards I know, the m.2 ports with SATA are not connected to the CPU and always go through the chipset. Another disadvantage.

• 1 month later...

With cables from Ghent Audio I have good experience.

Meanwhile, there is a very good alternative on Germany: fis Audio PC line

fis Audio is my business partner, but he sells the cables directly. I earn nothing from it, but recommend the cables gladly because of the outstanding quality. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, flowcharts said:

I've been looking at the EVGA z590 Dark.

A very nice motherboard. If you are planning passive cooling with heatpipes, then this board will not work. The 2 ram slots block the way.

3 hours ago, flowcharts said:

I would like to eventually transition over to the HDPlex cooling solution, maybe with some creative heatpipe bending?

I would use a different motherboard. All the designs with custom heatpipes bendings I saw so far were not pretty. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tuochongle said:

Get the Streacom HT4 should fix the memory blocking issue. https://streacom.com/products/ht4-thermal-riser/

Related to this topic?

On 3/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, flowcharts said:

I've been looking at the EVGA z590 Dark.

Yes, that could work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Leming Chen said:

did you have a chance to compare 8522 and X2522?  As for sound quality, is there audible difference?

Yes I compared that. X2522 adds more instrument separation and more precise bass in my system. Space imaging is improved. 

But X2522 needs very efficient cooling. 

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, abase said:

I have installed the same cooling like griggaudio.

It can't be the same cooling kit, because mine works great. Good contact between the chip and the cooling board is important. The heat is dissipated via the heat pipes to the side wall.

IMG_6166-scaled.jpeg

3 hours ago, abase said:

But without cooling the card overheads in 2 to 3 minutes - I did not expect that for a network card...

Enclosure fans are prescribed by the manufacturer. Your passive cooling system looks very massive. I wouldn't expect any problems. Is there enough thermal paste between the chip and the cooling plate? 

Taiko Audio also tested Solarflare NICs in the early days. As long as there was no overheating, the sound was very good. As they did not want to use passive cooling, it was not used. 

For me, the Solarflare X2522 is the best network card you can have in the consumer sector. Extremely low latency and jitter values and a very powerful chip (hence the heat development) make all the difference. 

20 hours ago, abase said:

All my single mode transeivers are not working with the card. At the moment I`m using a multimode tranceiver..

I use singlemode fibers without any problems. But there are differences in quality. You need very good qualitiy transceivers. Some from Startech and Finisar are good. Take a look:

And they do exist: Differences in the quality of LWL (fiber optic cables) – Grigg Audio Solutions