IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

3 minutes ago, Soul Analogue said:

duelund tin plated wires in cotton

I enjoyed this same wire in other areas of my system. I no longer use it but liked it very much!

5 minutes ago, Soul Analogue said:

Transformer - custom made from my local partner supplier up to my standard and requirements

Choke - best materials available for this purpose in the market, hand assembled and adjusted with my hands

Capacitors - selected from my years of experience in my diy journey and favourable feedback from friends… they had gone through my proprietary treatments for better performance

Cable - wires are copper core and also selected from my experience…

@Soul Analogue- Interested in learning more. Would you be interested in sharing pricing publicly or would that be best handled over PM? Do you ship to the US?

Thanks,

-Rob

13 minutes ago, Exocer said:

I enjoyed this same wire in other areas of my system. I no longer use it but liked it very much!

@Soul Analogue- Interested in learning more. Would you be interested in sharing pricing publicly or would that be best handled over PM? Do you ship to the US?

Thanks,

-Rob

hi Rob

I believe any deals should be handled privately.. in order not to violate forum rules 

feel free to discuss in PM 😀

Builder of Linear Power Supplies

8 minutes ago, Soul Analogue said:

hi Rob

I believe any deals should be handled privately.. in order not to violate forum rules 

feel free to discuss in PM 😀

Acknowledged. I will PM you when ready to experiment! Would really like to hear your work. Cheers.

2 hours ago, NanoSword said:

Hi folks ,

I'm using the Power from @Soul Analogue with Taiko ATX.

The performance is very promising.

It's the first time I've turned it on before the transformer and cables are settled and everything is new .

The stage is wide the sound is more holographic with new layers and the background is black. The resolution took a big leap . The natural sound is very excellent vocals are beautiful too. I've never tried any server power before, but I can say Soul Analogue ULPS is pretty good, and the parts he using look amazingly large, From the first sight and from the weight I can tell that the parts are carefully selected.

IMG_20210819_211957.thumb.jpg.e448956bea75ea80997941e8a1fb0d07.jpg

The connector is really big and heavy military grade .

IMG_20210819_212013.thumb.jpg.810230a9a0085c685177606156f3025d.jpg

The chassis is very heavy, the quality is excellent. I like the black color, especially the signature It looks great and there is manual soft start design I need to push the button before I pull the toggle down I think it is more safety.

IMG_20210820_012501.thumb.jpg.f34bfcfaabc774a9aa9b3d3b2d84978e.jpg

What I know about Soul Analogue ULPS is that all the pieces he uses are custom made according to his request and personal taste.

I'm using a Ghent cable to power my computer at the moment and hope one day I can try MSG. I trust Nenon a lot. He helped me a lot in making many choices and I am confident in his taste. 

As for the power I got from the Soul Analogue from round one, I didn't find the sound too thin or bulky, it's well balanced. My system is more transparent than before.The shape of the musical instruments also looks great more real. There is also an improvement in control, speed and dynamics.It's a huge improvement for me.

Thank you everyone, I have benefited a lot from the experiences in this topic.

My server has 3950x processor, Jcat XE and SR4T, Euphony + PGGB.

Congratulations. Looks good. Enjoy.

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com 

I have to thank Nenon for sharing his experience with Taiko ATX. It is now easy to get high performance for everyone without paying huge amounts of money and we have many options for ULPS. It's a win for audio community.

11 hours ago, vhs said:

I grounded the LPS to Tripoint Troy

good to know that grounding can improve the sound even more.

49 minutes ago, NanoSword said:

I have to thank Nenon for sharing his experience with Taiko ATX. It is now easy to get high performance for everyone without paying huge amounts of money and we have many options for ULPS. It's a win for audio community.

Totally agree ! Big bang for the buck......

dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - Siltech Double Crown PC, Tara Labs Zero Evo AES; dCS Vivaldi DAC - Siltech Double Crown PC - Tara Labs Zero Evo XLR; dCS Vivaldi Clock - Siltech Double Crown PC - Viard Platinum BNC; Mutec Ref10 SE-120 - Shunyata Sigma Digital PC - AR Cox Triple C BNC; Music Server - La Sound Olympia PC; Spectral DMC-30SS MKii - Crystal Ultimate Dream PC; Spectral DMC-400RS - Tiglon 2000A PC - AR RTP6 Abs. - Transparent Reference G5 spk cable; Rockport Atria MKi, Shunyata Triton V2 + Typhon - Sigma HC PC, Thixar SMD Ultimate Rack + CMS Platinum MKiii / Tripoint Troy Signature BLK

https://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=124319&extra=page=1

1 hour ago, NanoSword said:

I have to thank Nenon for sharing his experience with Taiko ATX. It is now easy to get high performance for everyone without paying huge amounts of money and we have many options for ULPS.

I live in the US.  What are my current options for having a ULPS built for me; this is wayyyy over my pay grade?  I already own the Taiko ATX and would possibly build or have someone like @lmitchebuild me an HDPLEX 5 encased server to replace my i7-6700k Win10 beast for HQP.  I have no intention of asking prices, etc publicly.  

46 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

So this is the product of just helping people get what they need, not a commercial product for sale?

F0880AE3-6A7A-45C0-A9CC-79F11594F5BD.jpeg

Not a commercial product

Nanosword got the necessary parts from me as a kit and assembled with my guidance 

no completed product forsale

thanks

Builder of Linear Power Supplies

53 minutes ago, ted_b said:

I live in the US.  What are my current options for having a ULPS built for me; this is wayyyy over my pay grade?  I already own the Taiko ATX and would possibly build or have someone like @lmitchebuild me an HDPLEX 5 encased server to replace my i7-6700k Win10 beast for HQP.  I have no intention of asking prices, etc publicly.  

You know, Nenon was using Power at a very high price and made great comparisons at high prices.Although this was a loss of money for him but he helped everyone by putting recipe for good parts .

And since you got Taiko Atx, you should find someone who can build it and I think it would be an easy task for someone like lmitche.

I find Nenon's experiences and Soul Analogue a great help for me.I'm still learning more from everyone.

20 minutes ago, bit01 said:

The HDPLEX 800W DC-ATX works extremely well powered by the PH SR7T in my setup. The i9-10900K CPU powered directly from the second rail of PH SR7T (19V stepped down through a SJ Reg/booster to 12V}. I am thinking of building another server for the TAIKO DC DC-ATX.

That sounds good, which motherboard did you pick?

8 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

playing with UPnP on OPPO started playing automatically thru wifi and to my surprise the level of SQ was much more better in every aspect compared with T-1 and USB connection with JCAT/SR4T/ SABLON, and only with wifi on the OPPO,

So as I understand it, wifi to oppo upnp (bypassing server) to oppo dac (internally) sounds better than server to oppo as dac? 

I really think you'll hear a big uptick after replacing oppo with a contemporary dac and removing wifi, but interesting that the oppo solution sounds so good!

5 minutes ago, Downtheline said:

So as I understand it, wifi to oppo upnp (bypassing server) to oppo dac (internally) sounds better than server to oppo as dac? 

I really think you'll hear a big uptick after replacing oppo with a contemporary dac and removing wifi, but interesting that the oppo solution sounds so good!

No, Im not bypassing the server, Euphony Stylus is on the server which is connected wired to the net, and I played all my music from the server via UPnP on the OPPO.

Oppo has the USB input damaged now, not the DAC, so the UPnP capabilities on the OPPO took place, the DAC inside the OPPO is just fine.

What Im saying here is that Isolating the Access point (wifi) from the server via Edgerouter gives you as a result this Gem even when using WiFi on UPnP thru at least with this regular OPPO DAC is in place, bettering the USB connection that I mentioned before even with the T-1, which before this isolation change was a lot better than going UpnP on the OPPO via wifi, not anymore with the EDGEROUTE Isolation

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

Not sure if this is the right place but I mainly follow this thread and the Euphony thread. I know users here go to great lenghts to get the best LPS's they can afford. Sound quality depends a lot on them we all agree, so that easily  justifies spending.

But is anyone aware of LPS life expectancy? Hard to measure, but based on experience, how long should / will they last?

I am asking because in the last months I had 2 LPS die (3 and 4 years old) and also one of the powerbricks to feed the LPS started humming ( I won't use it any more). Past warranty unfortunately (up to 3 years). Currently repair is impossible due to parts that can not be sourced, so it's a total loss for me. 

Jay @ AudioBacon just did an amazing ''The World’s Best Audiophile Linear Power Supplies comparison'', with I think the DC4 @ $7,500 being the most expensive. I am in for 2 new LPS's but spending this much how long will/should they last?

Please let me know if this is worth a new topic or if this is allready posted somewhere.