IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

2 hours ago, magnium said:

Welcome @JayM

For those who pre-order the Taiko DC DC-ATX and interested in the Taiko DIY case, is there a possibility of consolidating the orders to save shipping costs?

Hard to say if I will order the case without knowing the design and cost but just throwing it out there!

Unfortunately for now it is not possible to consolidate shipping of these two items due to our internal logistics. The DC DC-ATX's only require a few more components before we can fully assemble and ship them. The DIY chassis however requires a lot more production steps to be completed before they can be shipped, this might take a while.

I have high hopes that I will be able to share some drawings or 'renders' of the DIY chassis with everyone on this forum tomorrow when I'm back at the office. Exact costs are not yet clear, this will be communicated in due time.

Hopefully I've answered all your questions.

Jay

Works at Taiko Audio

10 hours ago, ASRMichael said:
On 4/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, ASRMichael said:

Thanks can you just clarify; So the case is compatible with other motherboards & CPU’s but the Taiko cpu heatsink & heat pipes are not? 

Yes, CPU heatsinks and heat pipes will be included but only for the LGA3647 square.

@JayM

Hi can you please clarify? 

Hee ASRMichael, sorry did not see your question.

The chassis is compatible with pretty much all standard size motherboards (mini ITX up to SSI EEB).

For now we only have a LGA3647 square heatsink planned, this will fit on any LGA3647 square socket. You cannot use this 'LGA3647 square' heatsink on a 'LGA3647 narrow' socket.

The CPU heatsink will have  four recesses for 6mm heat pipes. 

Hopefully this answers your remaining questions, if not just let me know! :)

Works at Taiko Audio

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

@JayM

Thanks for the response, I'm using components pretty close to the V3 design by Nenon using a softstart (resistor). My LPSU is designed for 36V output (delivering 35-36VDC) but I will battle some more with the PSU design tool to verify. Component specs such as impedance of the active rectifier are unknowns. Toroidy 500VA audio transformer, Lundahl LL2773 chokes in common mode is a 5A, 65mH, 0.22Ohm per coil, three 47000uF caps (two RIFA PEH169 (which kemet, which likely is Mundorf HC), and one Mundorf HC 47000uF)

Meanwhile I'm not really any closer to a solution or a confirmed root cause/problem isolation that might lead to a solution, is there a way to replace FET's should they be toast, how does one troubleshoot the ATX, can Taiko troubleshoot the ATX? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the feedback in the forum it's just that it's a bit awkward to do troubleshooting/customer service through a forum.

The GaN fets are BGA (Ball Grid Array) and it’s a complex design, if it’s broken a replacement is the only practical workable solution.

Works at Taiko Audio