IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

6 minutes ago, MarcelNL said:

that case looks stunning, totally profesional!

Personally I'd go for something bigger to allow some more room for EMI shielding etc but it's all a matter of goals & objectives.

Hi,

there are separate chambers for the

1. local PSU (separated by a grounded 5mm vertical panel sheet, you can see how it is arranged in the attached photo of my earlier build.

2. SSD compartment

3. Mainboard including M.2 SSD including JCAT cards (which are also mounted on a grounded 5mm horizontah panel sheet

Would you prefer even more shielding or separation?

IMG_20210326_154242.jpg

@MarcelNL

Thanks for your reply I also prefer non ferrous shielding. The whole enclosures are made of solid aluminium sheets. The chamber of the local PSU in the server case is additionally treated with a copper foil. But I must admit: I did no critic auditioning of different layouts.

In my previous server build, i hat a much simpler PSU, which lead me to the decusion to do one more extended build with better PSU.

I hat some support of Sean Jacobs for the supply and I am pretty happy with the result. But I can only compare to my previous build and to the Antipodes CX which I had earlier...and it's a clear advance...

@Nenon

Hi, I'm glad you like the design.

I already built different DIY equipment like speakers, amplifiers, turntables... Keeping my hands busy during my spare time makes me happy ;-)

I never thought about doing a commercial product. I think, it's better for me to separate hobbies and business.