IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

11 hours ago, Dev said:

Fyi....I had done clock mods a long time back with PPA tcxo clocks (I still have it running but non-audio purpose). Changing clocks on ASRock mobo can be quiet tricky. I destroyed two to them - the clock traces run within the layers and if you are not careful, you might destroy them. I finally moved to Asus and the clock mods worked fine.

Sadly my Asus Mobo is destroyed too.

Nenon kindly document your clock installation sequence. I hope to learn a thing on two there. I found the desoldering and the re-soldering the new clock cable very difficult due to the tiny contact point and seems to have obliterated by board.

Also I have paused my Jcat Net Femto buy as it seems a new one is on the way(?).

Thank you

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 1:54 PM, vhs said:

Great Post, Nenon!

Sharing my build with you as shown in the pic below. 🙂

1138029732_RoonServerHDD.thumb.jpeg.319695593106bb08c99fe7114ffcf1a1.jpeg

Hi VHS,

On the MSI MB, is that the clock socket next to the 's' of the MSI branding? If not can you share a some more detail about clock wiring. Do you solder the signal to the MB soldering point and then ground elsewhere? As wiring both of them to the tiny point is very hard.

Thanks

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

5 hours ago, elan120 said:

There are many, but for Intel CPU, most of them will not support ECC function, but ECC RAMs can still be used.

Xeon MB does support this

• 5 months later...