IGNORED

Using Piano 2.1 with BruteFIR plugin for Volumio

Hi,

currently I'm running a stereo setup based on Volumio on RPI 3 B+ with USB stereo DAC and BruteFIR plugin with room EQ filters. As I would like to add subwoofer to my stereo setup I'm exploring possibility to use Piano 2.1 instead of my stereo USB DAC. BruteFIR plugin recognises DACs having up to 8 channels and I can define FIR filter for each channel. In ideal case I would need Piano 2.1 to be presented to BruteFIR as 3 or 4 channel DAC where first 2 channels are normal stereo channels and 3rd (and 4th) channel is mono signal based on sum of stereo channels. Is that possible with Subwoofer 2.1/2.2 mode?

Additionally, as I would like to have some overlap frequency range where subwoofer will be playing together with my current stereo speakers (which are full range), I would prefer to do low pass and high pass filtering via BruteFIR filters instead of setting a single XO frequency within Piano 2.1. Is that possibe? 

Manual states that with Subwoofer 2.1 and 2.2 modes "crossover frequency can be selected". My question is if it must be selected and will it send unfiltered mono signal to 3rd and 4th channel if it isn't selected.

Br

Kruno