21 hours ago, mikey8811 said:

He suggested that he would send me some screws and that I open up the unit myself and mount some electrical tape inside the case to stop the rattling noise. Again, he seemed to be fully aware of the issue and how to fix it. Unfortunately, I am not technically inclined nor do I own a Torx screwdriver. To render those fixes I would have to pay a technician to do so.

@The Computer Audiophile OP covered all bases in the first post with the quote above.

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Just to put a coda on this:

The credit card company sided with him, refunding his money and deducting from UpTone (plus extra fees). So in the end, this person got a brand new product for free—due to his spinning a tale of woe and complaining that the screws we not perfect.

@austinpop I might have noticed you have sold a Lush ^2 cable to this 'Mikey' fella. Either you or @PeterSt watch in case you fall into similar circumstances as Superdad here.

I could have left this thread to speak for itself, but my post from Superdad's update was spurred because of what I came across in the Buy/Sell forum:

While the OP might protest his innocence on keeping to using the OEM supply, it is something I distrust, and Superdad was right to be inquisitive on the original failing LPS-1. While people do buy UpTone stuff without the original supply, this particular transaction makes me more suspicious, hence the post. Whilst it is respectful of @PeterSt to play nice on both sides and make the customs inspectors the bad folk in this pantomine, without returning back the LPS 1.2, it is fraud via the backdoor.