The Computer Audiophile

Minnesota Man Shoots His CD Player

Rate this topic

On 1/8/2020 at 8:13 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

“The defendant said he was upset with his multi-disc CD player because it would not work. He brought it outside and shot it with his shotgun 2 or 3 times. He said he then beat the player against his truck 10 to 15 times.”

Reminds me of that scene in the movie "Office Space" where the beat a printer to death in a field. 

Some of you will remember the infamous and cryptic prompt from HP Laserjet printers: "PC LOAD LETTER"

NSFW

2 hours ago, Kimo said:

I wonder what happened to his walkman?

He decided to find out how well his new blender worked when the batteries died. 

No electron left behind...

16 hours ago, John Dyson said:

Someone in Europe would have used a knife :-).

John

Do you think Europeans tend to abuse knives.? 9_9

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:34 PM, new_media said:

Tsk. No self-respecting redneck would risk damaging his truck. 

hmm, that sounds more like a "faux" redneck. Real redneck trucks out here are work vehicles, lots of rust and scrapes from farm and job site use. And "bumpers" are used

frequently for that purpose, perfect accessory for smashing CD players

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

18 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Do you think Europeans tend to abuse knives.? 9_9

No -- but when they want to destroy something, they don't have the choice of a gun, so they have to use a knife (or machete.) :-).  I am not intending to be rude -- just kidding.

I am a USer who used to drink a little (too much), and one thing that frightened me is the risk and responsibility of carrying a gun.  I thought one time about it -- for about 5minutes, and thought it to only be a risk, no benefit for ME.  I didn't run around where I needed that much protection anyway.   Those of us who are likely to follow the law are not likely to hurt someone.  It is the people who over estimate their competency and choose testosterone over reason that will get guns anyway.

John

4 minutes ago, mansr said:

In some parts of Europe, gun ownership is as common as in the US, if not more so. The difference is that they are mainly for hunting.

IMO it makes some difference :)

5 minutes ago, mansr said:

Switzerland is an exception with many keeping military issue firearms in their homes.

True.

13 minutes ago, mansr said:

In some parts of Europe, gun ownership is as common as in the US, if not more so. The difference is that they are mainly for hunting. Switzerland is an exception with many keeping military issue firearms in their homes.

Here's what we have 🤣

Hope he doesn't have a CD player that's acting up.

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ve always thought it’s strange that on one’s 21st birthday s/he can legally drink alcohol and legally purchase a hand gun. Great combo. Not. 

Actually, in most US states a child only has to be 18 to purchase a gun.  And in many states that includes semi-automatic weapons. :/

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Here's what we have 🤣

Hope he doesn't have a CD player that's acting up.

ridiculous. 

No electron left behind...

On 1/9/2020 at 5:30 PM, John Dyson said:

Someone in Europe would have used a knife :-).

John

Or a hex-wrench on a torx screwhead.

Let's not forget that some both in Europe and in the US would just send it to a service.. 

(I almost forgot about this possibility while reading this thread, fortunately all my gear works fine otherwise it could've been in danger x-D)

Thirty plus years ago I sent a VHS player across the room in frustration - a good friend spent hours soldering the traces on the broken board and actually got it working again for years to come! A few years back I sent my phone flying across the room in fit of anger - it bounced off the floor due to it's silicone case and broke a living room window. Fortunately they are no questions asked, lifetime repair under warranty windows, but needless to say it was a big lesson on anger management, esp for the kids (who were in the room at the time).

So anyway, I can relate (just not the gun or pickup part).  

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK and OWC external 2.5" HD (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (HDPLEX 100)>LIVING ROOM:>Sonore opticalModule (Sonore Power Supply w/ SR Black fuse))>Ghent Audio JSSG Cat 6a cable>Sonore microRendu 1.4> (Uptone ) Uptone USPCB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 110>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics.

OFFICE:Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50's, Cisco 2960PD. BJC cabling for ethernet aside from the Ghent and Naim stock AC cables with Wattgate or HifiKing Plugs. 

Ballistic ventilation is a cultural practice in my region.  One sees its salutary effects on signs, mailboxes, and fixed pieces of lawn art.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.