IGNORED

Minnesota Man Shoots His CD Player

13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is too good. 

“The defendant said he was upset with his multi-disc CD player because it would not work. He brought it outside and shot it with his shotgun 2 or 3 times. He said he then beat the player against his truck 10 to 15 times.”

http://www.citypages.com/news/charges-maplewood-man-shot-cd-player-that-would-not-work-with-shotgun/566808731

Is that GUTB?  ☺️

mQa is dead!

25 minutes ago, rickca said:

The link between statins and loss of impulse control is about as well established as Roseann Barr's claim that ambien prompted her racist tweets.

Apparently you've never taken ambien. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I think the more likely candidates are cheap beer and idiocy. 

You forgot cheap ammo even though ammo inflation has been pretty severe the last few years.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

If it was ‘statins’ then maybe his high triglycerides caused that type of reaction in that case he needs gemfibrazole 

And why is he a defendant? Firing his weapon inside city/town/village limits?- must confess didn’t bother to open Chris’s link just enjoyed everyone else’s comments 

With the number of CD transport failures I have experienced, I wish I had a shotgun.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

I am listening to my 4200.00 Naim CDX player I bought 20 years ago while reading this thread. I don’t think it will ever break, 

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.