IGNORED

OT: Being Helpful

Jud

biosailor - a good mathematics/physics text book to start with would be the Berkeley books series - that is what I used as a young physics major back in the Late Holocene.  You can stop with the sophomore sequence - Jr. year was quantum theory, not needed for audio.

Richard Feynmann's first 2 volumes are really interesting to read, but I found it hard to learn physics from them.  He taught at CalTech, so likely just assumed everybody would figure out the physics on their own.

https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/

Another approach would be to go thru the physics textbooks that engineering students use.  In their physics courses, a simpler more conceptual approach is used (tho not the guff you find in physics for poets classes) so it ill be a lot easier (leading to many jokes about lookup tables).  Holliday & Resnick is an older one (we called it Holiday and Redneck).

Finally, re sailboats, you might find it fun to look at the literature on fluid dynamics - you can stop in the 1930s as the work went into supersonics at that point.

6 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

He also solved a lot of Oppenheimer's equations, after they took him from the Univ. of Chicago in the middle of the night to go to Los Alamos.  I understand he was quite the jokester, and once propositioned Oppenheimer's wife at one of their weekly parties.  Her reply was: "Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman!".

Bongos baby - that's what it's all about