IGNORED

OT: Being Helpful

Jud

36 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

a good mathematics/physics text book to start with would be the Berkeley books series - that is what I used as a young physics major back in the Late Holocene.  You can stop with the sophomore sequence - Jr. year was quantum theory, not needed for audio.

Actually, do read a bit about quantum theory. Then you'll see that the "explanations" offered by Shunyata and that lot are utter nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Jud said:

Reference to such explanations offered by Shunyata? Synergistic is known for “quantum” stuff but hadn’t seen Shunyata.

I can't (don't try to) remember which vendors use which words. Regardless, learning the basics will enable you to spot bullshit whether it uses the word quantum or something else, like electron realignment.

2 hours ago, biosailor said:

I used to have quantum theory in my chemistry courses. Was the hardest bit I had to swallow ever! Don't know if I ever recovered from the shock 😀!

However, signal theory/DSP doesn't use quantum physics at all, if I am not mistaken.

No, that's just maths, and lots of it. In electronics, quantum physics is necessary to understand semiconductors. It also explains how metals work at the fundamental level, and while you don't need to care about that in everyday use, it makes the technobabble from the cable companies funnier.

7 hours ago, Allan F said:

They used to have a power cords named "Python" and others. Now, they only have a line of power cords named "Venom", the product of poisonous snakes. :)

Here's what their website looked like a while back:

image.thumb.png.ce8b5a6b027ce393cdb819c6e39a6b8a.png

There was also a "Viper" cable in another category.