IGNORED

Snake Oil Test

1 minute ago, Rt66indierock said:

Nope, when I read the description on Ebay I had to stop and think what is he talking about? When I figured it out I thought just like high end audio.

How about you confine your attacks to MQA where it is warranted, instead of an attack on High End Audio instead where it isn't necessarily warranted ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

Always remember I'm into high performance audio not high end.

Stephen

I will put it to you that many members are fed up with the " Penis Envy" type posts about the High End by the usual suspects, instead of judging each item on it's own merits, heaven forbid, by actually listening to some in a well implemented room for example, with decent speakers carefully positioned  There is no way that I could ever afford some of the high end stuff that I have heard at friend's houses, although not all came close to anywhere near  justifying the asked price.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

4 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Alex snake oil is deceptive marketing. Nice rant but I help people set up rooms at shows.

I hope that they are far better set up than the rooms I have been in at many Hi Fi shows !:D

You also appear to be taking perhaps more credit than is due in the war against MQA

Chris appears to deserve quite a bit more credit in this area.

14 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Alex, i do damage control at shows. 

Just ask yourself when I was working on opposing MQA in 2016 with my friend the late Charles Hanson what was Chris going? 

Without the support of Chris you wouldn't have this huge thread where more importantly there has been technical exposes by both Mansr, Archimago and others, as well as user reports where the vast majority preferred the original NON MQA versions.