IGNORED

Snake Oil Test

I bought this on Ebay and wanted to share the kind of snake oil I’m used to in the golf world.

Even non golfers should be able to easily see some of the claims are snake oil. It has several specifications I want to test.

You are about to bid on:
Tour putter head
Model:  BGS-33
This head is bored 0.370" tip for center shafted right hand putter.

Features:
Goolie Golf patented Balanced Gravity System Technology (TM)
Titallium face insert
Precision alignment features
Putter head is 100% forged and CNC milled base with all precision features and weights

Specifications:

• Head weight: 355 grams
  • Head size: 3.75" heel to toe, 3" face to back, 1" height
  • Loft angle: 3 degrees
  • Bounce angle: 1.25 degree
  • Head color: Black as shown
  • Center of gravity @ 33mm center to face

Benefits of Balanced Gravity System design:
  • Minimized twisting during the stroke motion
  • Minimized twisting during and after impact with the ball
  • Maximum forgiveness during miss hits
  • Maximized top spin followed by a non-skid ball roll toward target
  • Enhanced feel for distance control
  • Optimal loft / lie / bounce design characteristics
  • Optimal shaft flex and shaft
  • Minimized twisting during take away
  • shape characteristics
  • Well shaped grip and grip firmness, featuring non-slip / moisture resistant materials
  • Ultimate (SW) head weight to putter length ratio
  • Precision alignment features
  • Enhanced reassuring sound and feel during impact
  • Ultimate and satisfying color and glare characteristics
  • Pleasant and non-obscured aesthetic looks

Goolie Golf putters have been designed, engineered and manufactured by former Taylor Made, Rossa R&D manager and putter designer.  Rest assured of the best performance and quality of this product.

Please see my other / listings and auctions for more Goolie putters options.

About manufacturer and Goolie Brand:
Goolie golf was founded by a former Research &Development Manager of Taylor Made Golf, Rossa Division in 2001.

About the products: Balanced Gravity Putters BGS-33 and BGS-Ex:
Passionately and meticulously crafted by Goolie Golf, these brand new putters combine advanced aerospace technology design with eye catching good looks. The precise center of gravity is perfectly balanced between the heel, toe and back. The pure, untreated aluminum face insert delivers ultra soft contact with the face. This design prevents the putter head from twisting and turning during the take away, swing and impact. Precisely positioned gravity
weights are each mounted on vibration dampening pads. Similar to high performance loud speaker, this technology eliminates unnecessary sound distortion and sends the ball directly to the target, while producing a reassuring sound and an awesome feel.
Goolie putters are available in two distinct modes, the BGS-33 and BGS-EX both models possess the same performance and benefits.
Although the EX head is 20% larger, both weigh exactly 355 grams. The only difference is the physical size, which carets to personal preference. BGS-33 comes assembled with a heel of center shaft.
BGS-EX features a uniquely designed double bend heel shaft or center shaft. Both are available in black or mint gray colors.

Please review this listing carefully and insure clear understanding there is no return or refund is offered prior to bidding!

Goolie putter.jpg

30 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

You know what titallium is?

No, I certainly don’t. I don’t believe that I have ever even encountered the word before!
Now, titanium I know, but not titallium. My iPad’s dictionary doesn’t know it either, apparently, as it keeps “autocorrecting” the word to “titanium”!

George

It contains contradicting statements about the material used for the putter face insert (first "titallium" and then later as "aluminum").  

Taylormade Golf formerly owned the trademark for "Titallium".  I assume it is some proprietary mix of aluminum and some other element (trace elements of titanium perhaps).  

As for the putter head, I question whether is is actually forged to that shape given the cut outs (forging is more traditionally used with expensive steel iclub heads for irons). More likely the putter head is cast aluminum is my guess.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

3 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

No, I certainly don’t. I don’t believe that I have ever even encountered the word before!
Now, titanium I know, but not titallium. My iPad’s dictionary doesn’t know it either, apparently, as it keeps “autocorrecting” the word to “titanium”!

I may have to ask the designer.

34 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

You know what titallium is?

It's a defunct trademark of Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc for "golf clubs and parts therefore, namely, face inserts for golf clubs." Also a fictional material in some role-playing game, apparently.

1 minute ago, Blake said:

It contains contradicting statements about the material used for the putter face insert (first "titallium" and then later as "aluminum").  

Taylormade Golf owns the trademark for "Titallium".  I assume it is some proprietary mix of aluminum and some other element.

As for the putter head, I question whether is is actually forged to that shape given the cut outs. More likely the putter head is cast aluminum.

It is machined in three parts and the two back weights are attached with screws.  I won't object to aluminium because I used an aluminum mallet to win a couple of tournaments. 

Thanks for the information about the trademark.

Just now, mansr said:

It's a defunct trademark of Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc for "golf clubs and parts therefore, namely, face inserts for golf clubs." Also a fictional material in some role-playing game, apparently.

Thanks, in my case it will either perform or it won't.  The basic specifications fit me.

19 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

It is machined in three parts and the two back weights are attached with screws.  I won't object to aluminium because I used an aluminum mallet to win a couple of tournaments. 

Thanks for the information about the trademark.

Gotcha.  I have no issues with aluminum either.

So no part of the putter head is actually forged, which means the add is misleading, right?  The seller is trying to use the term "forged" because forged steel clubs are well known in irons for excellent "soft" feel (if you hit it on the sweetspot).  But if the putter is using an aluminum insert, nobody would describe "aluminum" as giving a soft feel.  Rather, aluminum inserts are used to give a crisp feel.  Attaching an aluminum face to a forged steel head won't give the putter a soft feel.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

13 minutes ago, Blake said:

Gotcha.  I have no issues with aluminum either.

So no part of the putter head is actually forged, which means the add is misleading, right?  The seller is trying to use the term "forged" because forged clubs are well known in irons for excellent "soft" feel (if you hit it on the sweetspot).  But if the putter is using an aluminum insert, nobody would describe "aluminum" as giving a soft feel.  Rather, aluminum inserts are used to give a crisp feel.  Attaching an aluminum face to a forged steel head won't give the putter a soft feel.

raw pictures putter head.jpg

I wasn't saying you can't forge aluminum.  

I was simply pointing out that given the pictures from the advert, the head probably wasn't forged.  Rt66indierock then pointed out that the putter head was a multi-piece unit, with parts of the putter head being attached by screws.  So, the putter head is not entirely forged, just a part of it is (unless the screwed on pieces are also forged). 

3 minutes ago, Blake said:

I wasn't saying you can't forge aluminum.  

I was simply pointing out that given the pictures from the advert, the head probably wasn't forged.  Rt66indierock then pointed out that the putter head was a multi-piece unit, with parts of the putter head being attached by screws.  So, the putter head is not entirely forged, just a part of it is. 

OK then. 

1 minute ago, Rt66indierock said:

Nope, when I read the description on Ebay I had to stop and think what is he talking about? When I figured it out I thought just like high end audio.

How about you confine your attacks to MQA where it is warranted, instead of an attack on High End Audio instead where it isn't necessarily warranted ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

24 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Nope, when I read the description on Ebay I had to stop and think what is he talking about? When I figured it out I thought just like high end audio.

If someone like you has the extra-ordinary way of associating things, linking everything can be possible but I am afraid that not many can understand what you are trying to convey. 

MetalNuts

3 minutes ago, MetalNuts said:

If someone like you has the extra-ordinary way of associating things, linking everything can be possible but I am afraid that not many can understand what you are trying to convey. 

This is nice looking high moi mallet head that fits me according the basic specs. Balanced gravity system technology? 

Did you notice the reference to loudspeakers?