IGNORED

Update for a Mac pro based server

Hi everyone. I'm  Looking to develop an upgrade path for my home grown server before it's too late. Currently I have an early 2009 mac pro. Firewire out to a Weiss INT 202 interface. That gives me balanced out to a DAD AX24 dac. If I were to replace the Mac Pro, which model mac would be appropriate? Since firewire is out, would adapters work to connect to the INT 202? or is USB better now?  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I have bought a 2018 i7 Mac mini and it works perfectly even I upsampling to DSD 512, it is very quiet. These days I only connecting with UltraRendu via Lan cable and USB to my DAC, sound outperforming using USB only.

I do believe 2013 Mac Pro second hand is a very good value too 

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

4 hours ago, mitch751 said:

I have bought a 2018 i7 Mac mini and it works perfectly even I upsampling to DSD 512, it is very quiet. These days I only connecting with UltraRendu via Lan cable and USB to my DAC, sound outperforming using USB only.

I do believe 2013 Mac Pro second hand is a very good value too 

Mitch. What software are you using? I am only able to get DSD64, anything else and the music starts to skips, etc.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I use Roon, A+ and even HQ player 

On Roon make the Parallelize Sigma-Dela Modulator click YES

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 1.02.44 pm.png

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hiero said:

I didn't have a good experience with the Mini Mac.  Less than 4 years old, the HDMI port and 3of the 4 USB ports died.  Repair shop said a new boardwas necessary at a cost of $300.  Not an Apple fan anymore. 

I have a 2011 Mac mini still running perfectly with zero issues...  If one issue makes you hate the brand, you must live in a wood hut you built yourself out in the woods...  How did you post this status update?

It must mean a lot to you as well, you joined 3 hours ago and this is your one and only post...j

No electron left behind.