IGNORED

What is the craziest Audio related idea you have ever had?

4 hours ago, semente said:

My kids are now in their early teens and I've never had problems.

I find it unlikely that children with healthy sleep habits will be disturbed by music. Just wait until they're fast asleep before you crank it up.

I would imagine a lot depends upon the music, SPL and what the structure is built out of.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

3 hours ago, 4est said:

This is pretty much true in America as well if you are willing to pay for it. I had my overhead aluminum/steel wires removed and replaced with underground copper. Underground for aesthetics and copper because it made me feel better about it. lol

Not to quote myself, but it can be really effing expensive to have the local power company do things unless you can prove that it's advantageous for them as well. I paid a private contractor as I upgraded my service. The power company had run some legs half a mile to get three phase to my new shop. Thankfully my $6-$700+/month business power bills made the numbers work for them. It would have been $30K+ for that otherwise I was told by their account exec.

Forrest:

31 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

if I gave you medical advice by giving you the chemistry rather than just saying take this pill once a day, would you have any clue what I wanted you to do?

In your case you could simply put the resistor between both of the positive(L&R) banana plugs and the positives (tip and ring) on the 1/4" TRS jack. It all looks more complex than it is. This stuff is available in screw termination as well. There is no NEED to know how to solder.

Forrest:

On 1/12/2020 at 4:31 PM, AudioDoctor said:

I see that mentioned a lot when researching this. It may be headphone/amp specific. Lukasz said nothing about a resistor needed when connecting the Susvara to his 211 Pacific mono block amps. 

This may very well be the case depending upon the HPs and the amps. Follow his advice, but be prepared to experiment for the best sound. Audio transformers aren't always well understood. They do not teach much about them these days, and they have always been a bit of a black art= even when they were mainstream.

Forrest: