IGNORED

What is the craziest Audio related idea you have ever had?

@AudioDoctor  Audiophile travels recently lead me to a McCormack design from years ago. 

https://www.stereophile.com/headphones/796mcc/index.html

The MID was initially the Micro Headphone Drive, sporting two ½" stereo phone-jacks on the front panel, a two-position input switch, and a volume control. The rear boasted two inputs and an output (controlled by the volume pot). It was designed to be a high-quality headphone amp and a minimalist preamp. In this configuration, I ran into it at the 1995 WCES where—almost as a gag—Steve McCormack had made up a few ½" stereo phone-plug to 5-way binding post connectors. He could, he explained, run small speakers from the headphone outputs. There was a serious purpose behind the joke, of course. Showing that the MHD could drive speakers spoke volumes for its ability to drive headphones.

I'm cautiously interested in what happens here with your crazy idea.  Or should I say how you are planning to go about this.  In any case, since I saw the other thread I thought to provide alternative means of connecting the headphones to a stereo amp.  In reverse of the above.

58 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

that’s an interesting device, thanks for the link!

Less about the 5 w/ch device than the idea not being new.  Also exploring the idea to talk to an amp designer about whether a one off cord is technically a better decision than using a one off adapter.  You might even find someone crazy enough to remove the speaker terminals and install the desired headphone outputs.