IGNORED

Alternative to HQP Pro for PCM to DSD file conversion and saving

numlog

Question

16 answers to this question

15 hours ago, esldude said:

https://www.tascam.eu/en/hr-editor.html

This bit of free software will convert in both directions and even allow some simple editing.  I've not used it myself

I’ve used in the past and was happy with results.  As I recall though ( I could be misremembering) you may need to also have the Asio driver for a Tascam/Teac/Esoteric DAC installed on the same PC to get it to work (as it’s offered free to owners and I had an Esoteric DAC at the time ).  No big deal if necessary.

I use Roon to "re"sample all of my files (from MP3 to DSD256) to DSD128 when streaming to my Bricasti. This is done at the server level. I use an i3 based NAS for my server, and have no lag or delay issues.

All done on the fly, of course, with no saving of the resampled files for use in another device.

Unless I am missing your real question, which may be ripping from physical media.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Last time I checked, and I have JRiver 23, JRiver can do up to DSD256 on the fly and DSD512 offline.  I do not know if the newer versions do more.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

On 1/3/2020 at 3:54 AM, Norton said:

I’ve used in the past and was happy with results.  As I recall though ( I could be misremembering) you may need to also have the Asio driver for a Tascam/Teac/Esoteric DAC installed on the same PC to get it to work (as it’s offered free to owners and I had an Esoteric DAC at the time ).  No big deal if necessary.

https://www.tascam.eu/en/downloads/current/Hi-Res%2BEditor

I just tried it. You do not need a Tascam/Teac/Esoteric driver installed; it worked fine with my Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ driver. Works for creating files up to DSD256.

mQa is dead!

On 1/2/2020 at 12:44 PM, esldude said:

I also believe you can get plug ins that will do the conversion in Foobar.  It will do the conversion on the fly from PCM to DSD

i can get foobar2000 to convert from DSD (up to DSD128) to PCM on the fly. Does anyone know how to get foobar to do PCM to DSD? And how to create .dsf files?

mQa is dead!

11 hours ago, lucretius said:

I thought that software was for converting an .iso image of an SACD rip into separate .dsf/.dff files. I didn't realize it could be used to convert PCM to DSD.

Yes it can. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

On 1/3/2020 at 7:23 AM, Bones13 said:

I use Roon to "re"sample all of my files...

All done on the fly, of course, with no saving of the resampled files for use in another device.

Unless I am missing your real question, which may be ripping from physical media.

Sorry, but I''m afraid that you did "miss" the question. The topic calls for "file conversion and saving". You don't need the Pro version of HQP to do it on the fly.  :~)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron