IGNORED

Radical Two Separate New Year Wishes Threads Proposal.

We already have two separate New Year threads. None of them is perfect though. Even the two taken together aren't perfect.. It's not only the question of using exclusively capital letters in the title of one of them and using such letters in a random way in the other one.. I think it's high time we hadgmg-yepp-abc-digit-2-8715362005809-0-l.jpgreally separate threads :

one for subjectivsts

and

one for objectivists

:D

to avoid conflicts which otherwise are, we all know it, unavoidable 9_9.

(Does someone have a proposal for more New Year threads.? I don't think anyone should be excluded..)

We need volume levelled, acoustic treated room, double blind controlled tests to deduce which New Year thread is better!

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

3 hours ago, NOMBEDES said:

Peace Love.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ;)

2 hours ago, Norton said:

An objectivist greeting  would just be “New Year”* as happiness is obviously a radical subjectivist illusion

Happiness might also be quite difficult to measure, happiness caused by a cable upgrade might even be a very controversial topic..x-D 

It seems it should be reserved for subjectivists (happiness in general, more so the one connected with cables :D)

*come to think of it, is there data even to prove it’s new, or indeed a year?

Yes.  Authenticated by Bob Stewart as Meridian Standard Time.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

An objectivist greeting  would just be “New Year”* as happiness is obviously a radical subjectivist illusion foisted upon us by a complicit audiophile press.

My greeting was directed to ALL members, and was posted right at 12 Midnight in Eastern Australia ,where some of you may have been watching the direct broadcast of the Sydney Fireworks display ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

45 minutes ago, sandyk said:

My greeting was directed to ALL members, and was posted right at 12 Midnight in Eastern Australia ,where some of you may have been watching the direct broadcast of the Sydney Fireworks display ?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

4 minutes ago, Confused said:

It's no longer the Mother country for most Australians these days , although my father migrated here from Leith in Scotland when quite young.:D  I wonder how many Aussies would feel allegiance to Queen Consort Camilla ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

It's no longer the Mother country for most Australians these days , although my father migrated here from Leith in Scotland when quite young.:D  I wonder how many Aussies would feel allegiance to Queen Consort Camilla ?

We are celebrating the new year with a considerable amount of a very fine Aussie Shiraz,  So it’s all good,