Just now, Extreme_Boky said:

but they did look strange to me...

Yes they were a bit sloppy in cleaning off flux residue, not sure what type they used but it must not hurt PCB's.  Throws a crazy shadow tho.

I'm impressed with the sloppiness on the botton given the near perfection on the top side.

My fan moves enough air to drop the surface temp from 99 to 85. Ambient is 74, all in F. 

i stack the PSU´s and the Pre on the Dac with no temperature issues, the may stays warm, but never hot,

and yes, it heats up the XP20 slightly, but also no issues here... Even 7*24, and the result is "warm", but never hot...and i can compare the temperature directly to the XA 100.5...

the left over flux on the MAY Board is very irritating indeed…is this factory style?

DSC06701.thumb.jpg.8d95436bc8841c4a1187cc3f8c551cf9.jpg

Thanks for the picture. I would strongly suggest to rearrange this. While there may not be problems with heat, you will very clearly loose significant amounts of SQ by stacking in this way. You have all this wonderful gear. Give it room to "breathe" and footers to get rid of vibrations from/to the devices. Try some good footers such as Stillpoints, Ansuz Darkz or IsoAcoustics Orea for example. You will be surprised about the potential that is hiding in your first class components when stacking in this way.

Apple Powerbook G4 15\", iTunes, Metric Halo LIO-8, active speakers

Thank you for your feedback, yes, maybe you are right. I have the Dac and the pre away from the PSU buzz...both are on an audioplan sicomin isolation plate (imho they are great for clock devices, preamps and Phono stuff). And there is sorbothane between the gear..also between the PSU´s...(10mm). if you tipp on them, they "swimm"...before i had the XP20 and the May stacked as a couple (each with PSU)...and i like this seperate setup more. What is your opinion of keeping the MAY dac away from the PSU?

1 hour ago, Toni-Mang said:

What is your opinion of keeping the MAY dac away from the PSU?

Indeed, I would keep the May away from the PSU. Less stray electromagnetic fields and less vibrations. Good that you are using isolation plates already. My experience with PSUs is that they benefit A LOT from Ansuz Darkz footers, which are quite expensive unfortunately. Since the May comes with the PSU in a separate housing - which is really excellent in my opinion - I would try to make the best out of it by moving the PSU away from the DAC and by putting both on excellent footers such as Stillpoints, Darkz, Ceraballs, Orea, or similar. I am still surprised by the enormous effect those footers can have.

Apple Powerbook G4 15\", iTunes, Metric Halo LIO-8, active speakers