IGNORED

Canceled Spotify Premium ... need new recommendations

I have both Spotify and Tidal. Outside my house I use Spotify because it's smaller bitrate since in my country we have expensive mobile internet. I've found some playlists with many songs of Classic & Progressive Rock and I hear mostly them. In the house on the other side I use Roon + Tidal. Their integration is excellent and the Roon Radio makes my day everyday.

3 hours ago, HIFI said:

I regret that I have decided to cancel Spotify Premium. I thought it was one of the best.  But I have not tried any other pay for streaming music service.

what does everyone like?

Been using Amazon Music. Like it very much.

I get Naxos through my Library for free 🙂

I've tried Amazon HD, Tidal, Qobuz, and Deezer. I can canceled both Tidal and Qobuz before the trial was over. I don't like Tidal thinking everyone wants to listen to Rap because I sure don't. Qobuz apps both Windows and Android were the least intuitive of all. I actually like Deezer even though it's maxed at CD quality and the others all have higher resolution files. In the end after the Deezer trial ends I'll probably be going back to Amazon HD. As an Amazon Prime member it's the lowest cost with the Prime discount and has quite a bit of high res files and pretty good apps for Windows and Android.

1 hour ago, HC515 said:

I've tried Amazon HD, Tidal, Qobuz, and Deezer. I can canceled both Tidal and Qobuz before the trial was over. I don't like Tidal thinking everyone wants to listen to Rap because I sure don't. Qobuz apps both Windows and Android were the least intuitive of all. I actually like Deezer even though it's maxed at CD quality and the others all have higher resolution files. In the end after the Deezer trial ends I'll probably be going back to Amazon HD. As an Amazon Prime member it's the lowest cost with the Prime discount and has quite a bit of high res files and pretty good apps for Windows and Android.

How do you get music to your audio system?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

My amp a Peachtree Decco125Sky has wireless built-in. It works with Tidal, Qobuz, and Deezer but can be a little temperamental at times. Amazon HD is not supported right now but should be in the future. But I'm finding the laptop wired to the amp by USB is more reliable so I've been using that more recently. Peachtree relies on 3rd party apps for the wireless so that may be part of the problem. If I'm not mistaken Peachtree may be working on their own app for wireless which is hopefully more reliable. At any rate the laptop tethered to the amp is not that big of a deal anymore even though that is why I bought an amp with built-in wireless. 

2 minutes ago, HC515 said:

My amp a Peachtree Decco125Sky has wireless built-in. It works with Tidal, Qobuz, and Deezer but can be a little temperamental at times. Amazon HD is not supported right now but should be in the future. But I'm finding the laptop wired to the amp by USB is more reliable so I've been using that more recently. Peachtree relies on 3rd party apps for the wireless so that may be part of the problem. If I'm not mistaken Peachtree may be working on their own app for wireless which is hopefully more reliable. At any rate the laptop tethered to the amp is not that big of a deal anymore even though that is why I bought an amp with built-in wireless. 

Ah, OK. Make sure your app is playing the content at the correct sample rate and not attenuating the volume etc...

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 12/29/2019 at 8:50 AM, HIFI said:

I regret that I have decided to cancel Spotify Premium. I thought it was one of the best.  But I have not tried any other pay for streaming music service.

what does everyone like?

Spotify is one on the best for music discovery with their algorithms that track what we play and like and then present curated playlists based on that data.  Many of us make concessions with music quality due to their excellent interface and features such as connect and a great selection of playlists to suit all tastes and moods.  Amazon HD is trying to follow Spotify with their user specific playlists but they are not quite there yet. Amazon does have the CD quality and higher streams but honestly, I cannot tell the difference between Amazon and Spotify.  The Ogg Vorbis that Spotify uses to compress the streams seems like a pretty good codec.  Everytime I try divorcing myself from Spotify I run back to it.

If you are not into music discovery and using their curated playlists, than the other services might be better suited expecially if you want the better quality streams.  I just signed up for a month of Amazon thinking that when I know what album I want to hear, I would use Amazon to get the CD quality, but I somehow end up back on Spotify ($13 sunk).

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

53 minutes ago, photonman said:

Spotify is one on the best for music discovery with their algorithms that track what we play and like and then present curated playlists based on that data.  Many of us make concessions with music quality due to their excellent interface and features such as connect and a great selection of playlists to suit all tastes and moods.  Amazon HD is trying to follow Spotify with their user specific playlists but they are not quite there yet. Amazon does have the CD quality and higher streams but honestly, I cannot tell the difference between Amazon and Spotify.  The Ogg Vorbis that Spotify uses to compress the streams seems like a pretty good codec.  Everytime I try divorcing myself from Spotify I run back to it.

If you are not into music discovery and using their curated playlists, than the other services might be better suited expecially if you want the better quality streams.  I just signed up for a month of Amazon thinking that when I know what album I want to hear, I would use Amazon to get the CD quality, but I somehow end up back on Spotify ($13 sunk).

Of the Four HD services I found Deezer to be the best for music discovery.  Amazon HD and Qobuz a distant second and Tidal doesn't give a crap what you listen to they just keep feeding you rap.

4 hours ago, HC515 said:

Tidal doesn't give a crap what you listen to they just keep feeding you rap.

We understand you absolutely hate "rap" music, but your claim about Tidal forcing rap music on Tidal users is not true.    

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 6 months later...

So did you switch to another streaming music service from Spotify? 🙂 

I didn't see anyone mention SoundCloud here. I quite like it. You can listen to music on their website without having to login in or sign up for a new account. If you are into Indie music, there are numbers of talented independent musicians on SoundCloud. Definitely worth the subscription. You'd be surprised.