IGNORED

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

NOMBEDES

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I resolve to be a better audiophile.  i.e. to spend enormous amounts of time and money on things that matter little or not at all.

I sincerely hope you are joking as that would make you an audiofool not an audiophile.

Here are my resolutions / plans for the future:

• Stay with free over-the-air antenna TV no matter what is offered by any of the paid services.
  • Stay with a corded landline telephone until landline service no longer exists. At which time I would go with no telephone.
  • When my computer dies go back to using the computers once a week at the Public Library for email and checking in with Audiophile Style. My apartment complex changed the terms of their lease several years ago and the included free wi-fi internet no longer allows streaming audio or video and I am unwilling to pay for internet service. My Mac Mini computer is seven years old so this could be the year it dies.

All of my computer downloads are on both thumb drives and a Seagate backup drive, both of which are playable on my Yamaha Blu-ray / SACD universal player and I actually prefer the sound through my Yamaha player than through my Teac USB DSD DAC. The Yamaha does up to 2.8MHz (64fs) DSD. I will replace the universal player when it dies, perhaps then it will also play my few 5.6MHz (128fs) DSD music files. My Teac DAC is now used exclusively for watching television.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa