IGNORED

Article: Purifi PTT6.5 Woofer and 1ET400A Amplifier Technology Review

On 12/24/2019 at 8:26 AM, firedog said:

Anyone know if they are going to be selling full kits for DIY? In other words everything you need, just put it together?

Wrote Purifi and this is the answer I received:

We don’t have any current plans to market complete kits. We aim to release our own PSU in late 2020, but no point in waiting for that as the schedule is not 100% locked in yet. The OEMs we deal with today is in the process of releasing complete products based on 1ET400A - but I'm not sure if anyone is selling it as "kits" (actually I don’t think so).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, Cazzesman said:

I cranked Regular Pleasures on my Kii 3's and found they were able to sail through with ease.   Bruno and Co obviously know what they are doing.  I wonder if down the track Bruno will replace the amp modules in the Kii 3's with the new Purifi Amps. 

I certainly don't know all the legal ins and outs, but Bruno can't just pick and choose even his own technologies, as the companies aren't necessarily commonly owned. For instance, even though Kii and Mola Mola use similar DAC principles-technology (software),  Bruno said he  had to rewrite the code for the Kiis as he wasn't allowed to just copy chunks of code from Mola Mola and use it again in the Kiis.

The amps in the Kiis are Bruno's "NCore" designs, but a unique implementation. I'd imagine that if Kii wanted to move to Purifi amps they would have to design a new module for a Purifi based Kii. Not sure if that's an easy thing to do. Might mean a whole new model of speaker, and not just "switching amps".

Bruno has said one of the goals at Kii is to only bring to market new products that are truly difference making, and not just "upgrades" of existing products. I think it could be claimed that  switching the Kii Three to Purifi amps would be only an incremental upgrade. Now if they also used Purifi speakers, that would be something else, but that would probably necessitate whole new Kii model.

Start saving your money for the trade-up...:)

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 1 year later...

https://www.marchaudio.com/sointuva-purifi-speaker

but pricey - expensive finish is part of it, I think.