IGNORED

Nonesuch Records warning

After a favourable review in Stereophile, I decided to purchase the download of Spangled by Gaby Moreno Van Dyke Parks.

The Nonesuch web site describes the download as 96/24 but I noticed that it was surprisingly quick to download.

When I checked what I had downloaded, it was 44.1/16 which is not what was expected or advertised. This is misrepresentation of the product offered.

I sent off an email to Nonesuch via their web site explaining my concerns and they final reply was to blame me for not downloading it correctly.

This should not be allowed, it is fraudulent.

Is this the only download from Nonesuch with this issue?

Have others seen this issue?

I am not a happy bunny and very disappointed to be treated with so little respect.

I strongly recommend people do not use this fraudulent company in future.

I've downloaded music in the past which hasn't been what it was purported to be. This has usually been rectified straight away by the source.

17 minutes ago, STC said:

I only see MP3 and 24/95 option. So how can they blame you to download something not even there?

All options appear to be on the store page including 16/44, 24/96 and MP3

nonesuch.png

1 minute ago, Enjay said:

I've downloaded music in the past which hasn't been what it was purported to be. This has usually been rectified straight away by the source.

All options appear to be on the store page including 16/44, 24/96 and MP3

nonesuch.png

I don’t see 16/44. Am I missing something? Or it could be some restriction in my country. Could you please post the link and a screenshot of the whole page?

"CD + MP3 bundle" means you get a physical CD and a MP3 download. Not a 16/44 FLAC (CD quality) download.

The album page in the label store only has two download format options: MP3 and 24/96 FLAC

https://www.nonesuch.com/albums/spangled

If the "24/96 HD FLAC" download is indeed 16/44 FLAC, it's clearly an labeling error.

Acoustic Sounds has a 24/44 download. Maybe there is no 24/96 version. Many pop albums are produced in 24/44 these days. (Some are sold as 24/96 but actually have no frequencies above 22kHz, i.e. there is a 44kHz sampling rate limitation somewhere in the recording/mastering chain.)

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/146310/Gaby_Moreno__Van_Dyke_Parks-Spangled-FLAC_44kHz24bit_Download

Claude