IGNORED

“Audiophile switches” and Allo products

Does Allo have a stated position regarding the usefulness of audiophile switches with their products?  I have been happily using my original DigiOne ever since it was first released. I wouldn’t mind trying fancy switch out but it seems like the DigiOne is likely fixing any problems, real or imagined, that are being caused by my switch. BTW my DAC is a Topping D50s.   Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck1498576215 said:

Since Allo is based on science I’m interested in knowing what they think. 

I look forward to their response and am sure @mansr is too.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

we are interested in science. However I know that SQ is not fully captured on THD+N (we know this since 1950 at least)

I believe that correlation between sound quality and measurements will be established at some point , not yet

I got multiple reports that audiophile SW improve the SQ but right now there seem not to have any correlations to measurements .

Who is right ? We will test in future using blind panels and trust those results .

Direct quote from cdsgames:

Use Ethernet.

We cleaned up further on the above interface using special CMCs (after the isolation transformer) that work at 1000Mbs and are designed for noisy automobile environments

It should be clear that Allo is convinced that the ethernet connection impacts SQ, otherwise there's no reason for them to go through all that trouble.