IGNORED

Forum Decorum | Feedback Please

https://www.silvertipstea.com/pages/makaibari-tea-estate

They don't appear to have any of the eponymous Silver Tips tea at the moment. Usually they do at a relatively good price.

Here's someone who does seem to have it:

https://www.arborteas.com/organic-makaibari-estate-silver-tips-white-tea.html

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 hours ago, tmtomh said:

1. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I think most of us like the wit and the occasionally biting humor, but sarcasm does not have to be outright nasty; it is still possible to be polite without sanitizing one's preferred modes of expression.

2. Absolutely yes, IMHO even more fundamental than #1, because this rule gets to the heart of the problem: It's not about free speech and expression; it's about social (or anti-social) behavior. This rule is reminding everyone that basic behavioral norms are not an impediment to free expression, but rather the necessary foundation of a platform where free speech can exist and flourish.

3a. I am strongly opposed to this: I am not one of those folks who plays the "censorship" card in response to forum moderation (not to mention, some censorship is fine on a privately owned and moderated forum), but I think confining certain specific words and phrases to only one subforum on a huge forum like this would be a very negative and damaging form of censorship. Not to mention, we have many clever members here who would immediately push the envelope of terminology to work around and/or challenge the rule - and given how active the likely suspects are, how many of them produce valuable info here, and how many of them there are, I doubt you would want to ban all of them.

3b. I'm not in favor of this rule, but so long as dedicated threads where folks could still directly debate were allowed, I guess I could live with it.

4. Very much against this, because sometimes folks will post a lot in a given day as part of a productive, informative back and forth, while other times they will post a lot because they're fighting and threadcrapping everywhere. So I don't think there's any way to assign a numerical cap that will allow for the former while preventing the latter.

5. I've never been a fan of OPs being able to mod threads just because they start them. If you want to let members have blog posts here and have mod rights to those, fine. But this is a community - you can put people on ignore, you can block people from PM'ing you, but you shouldn't get to force everyone else to watch you hold court via your own controllable discussion thread.

6. Fine.

7. I don't think this is necessary, but I don't really have a problem with it either - could be interesting to try it again.

8. Strongly opposed - the anonymity will only encourage folks to overuse the downvote feature. Not to mention, when I upvote a post now (via a positive reaction), I usually want the person to see that I was an upvoter. This can be crucial to forum civility - for example if I've been disagreeing with or debating someone and they make a good point or we are starting to come to a consensus; or if I've been in a somewhat antagonistic argument with someone and we take it down a notch and get more polite, I want them to see when I upvote/like one of their comments. I think it helps.

9. Absolutely!

Other than 7, which may still be open to group manipulation, I am pretty much in agreement with you.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020