IGNORED

Forum Decorum | Feedback Please

12 minutes ago, esldude said:

So my suggestion to improve forum health is step one shutter sponsored forums.  Take 90 days to wind it down.  End them. 

I strongly disagree. Often, like with the introduction of the etherregen, for me (and I suppose many others) they’re the best part of this forum since one can discuss an interesting or novelty product (and it’s immediate surroundings) freely, in depth and most importantly on topic. Annoying ‘distractors’ and distractions are removed or steer clear of these parts of the forum. It’s this that part of these new proposed rules is trying to accomplish if I’m not mistaken. So these closely monitored and actively moderated subforums are actually something we can learn from in this context.

Personally, and I’m going to say it anyway even if it’s politically incorrect and not very enlightened (please don’t mention ‘apartheid’ though as that would be way out of perspective), I don’t mind the division that might be a consequence. I have no illusions these ’two camps’ are going to live/coexist together peacefully when noting is changed. They may for a short time but not long term.

Am I being pessimistic? Perhaps I am, but I don’t see why this forum would be any different then any other medium which allows (largely) unmoderated discussion about anything audiophile. Any of these have flame wars and objectivists and subjectivists slinging mud at each other. These rules makes it way easier to enforce rules when common civility is not respected. It may even make someone actually think about something before posting because if one knows it’s going to be removed why bother in the first place.