IGNORED

Forum Decorum | Feedback Please

I especially like points 3a, 3b and 4.

Why #4?  There are some very prolific posters who contribute comments to virtually every topic, and those trivial comments are generally content-free and detract from the conversation even if they don't violate any of the other rules.  I've proposed this several times in the past.  It also restrains users who post essentially the same message over and over ad nauseum in many different topics.

I've been encouraged lately by a few threads that have attracted a lot of participation from my ignored users.  I like this pattern because it means those guys are engaged in a discussion amongst themselves rather than crapping in threads I care about.  Points 3a and 3b formalize this.  I can then simply use the 'ignore this topic' button.

In combination, these proposals would eliminate scrolling through a ton of posts that say 'You've chosen to ignore content by userxxx'.  I think this will make everyone's time on AS more productive.   I hate needing to constantly add users and topics to my ignore list.

Re point #8, I don't see any reason to anonymize upvotes or likes.  I think down votes should also have a daily limit or count toward the daily post limit so they don't get abused as a way to circumvent the other rules.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

49 minutes ago, esldude said:

So my suggestion to improve forum health is step one shutter sponsored forums.

You do know that the annual fee sponsors pay Chris for these forums helps keep the lights on at AS?  I do understand your point.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's