IGNORED

Intel NUC, HQ Player - Active crossovers/room correction?

Hi, 

I'm looking to consolodate my room correction and active crossovers into a single place with greater level of processing power than the OPEN DRC (increased number of taps).

Can anyone tell me if a setup such as an Intel NUC running an embedded HQ player outputting to Mini DSP-UDAC8 would work?. 

I currently have; 

Sources:  Intel NUC running ROON ROCK + Turntable with ADC@24/192
Room Correction:   Mini DSP DDRC-22D, Dirac Room Correction 
FIR, Active Crossovers:    Mini DSP Open DRC-DA8
3 way Speakers

Regards

Phil. 

I think one big question to answer would be whether or not the embedded HQ Player would recognize the Mini DSP-UDAC8 in a driver less fashion or not and will it see all the channels.

I've been using an Intel NUC i5 w/16GB of RAM for a few years but only within the last year or so did I introduce Room Correction/DSP into the picture. If I were to do it over again I would not choose a NUC again unless it was one of these (attached).

The i5 that I have now works but I can see it struggling with ROON a bit when doing SRC, DSP VOL and Convolution.

Screenshot from 2019-12-21 09-08-49.png

On 12/16/2019 at 8:31 AM, philip_s said:

Can anyone tell me if a setup such as an Intel NUC running an embedded HQ player outputting to Mini DSP-UDAC8 would work?. 

What is your operating system?  The UDAC-8 requires an installed ASIO driver under Win but runs without one under recent MacOS.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

• 2 weeks later...