Ralf11

DAC in Oppo UDP-205 Disc Player

Rate this topic

I'll have to check on the lights.

I've emailed oppo support several times - they are helpful in terms of friendliness, not technical ability...

I'll check the HDMI CEC too

The front panel power button doesn't do anything - tho that was with a press - maybe it needs a prolonged hold?

Just received my kit Furutech + Mundorf Wire for my OPPO 205.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oppo-BDP-93-95-103D-105D-UDP-203-205-Kit-Furutech-Inlet-R-IEC-Mundorf-Wire-/123213854445

For 150$ you get a notable better SQ in what concerns timbre and stage. After all this years still surprised how cables make such a difference... 🙂

Cheers Jorge

AMP: Electrocompaniet ECI-6D; DAC: Oppo 205 (modded); ECI-6D

Streamer/endpoint: Zen MKIII/ultraRendu; Speakers: Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature; Cables: Speakers (Acoustic Revive) + RCA (au24sx) + RJ45 (Vodka Audioquest) + USB (Diamond Audioquest) + Power (Pangea's + Actinote's) + iR&oM (Neotech 16AWG OCC Silver + DC 4); Filters/reclockers: Jensen VRD- iFF + Pink Faun Isolator + Acoustic Revive RGC-24 + HMS “The Perfect Match” + isoRegen; Switch: etherRegen + opticalModule; Cisco 2960; LPS: Sboosters MKI & MKII (+ ultra) + HDplex 200 + LPS 1.2

I used the most expensive and sensitive signal & spectrum analyzer in the world. My ears!  Unfortunately data is encrypted for everyone else but me. Plissken 😌 and like-minded will be delighted with my findings!

😂🥳😂

Streamer/endpoint: Zen MKIII/ultraRendu; Speakers: Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature; Cables: Speakers (Acoustic Revive) + RCA (au24sx) + RJ45 (Vodka Audioquest) + USB (Diamond Audioquest) + Power (Pangea's + Actinote's) + iR&oM (Neotech 16AWG OCC Silver + DC 4); Filters/reclockers: Jensen VRD- iFF + Pink Faun Isolator + Acoustic Revive RGC-24 + HMS “The Perfect Match” + isoRegen; Switch: etherRegen + opticalModule; Cisco 2960; LPS: Sboosters MKI & MKII (+ ultra) + HDplex 200 + LPS 1.2

I have to say I looked at buying this option when buying the LPS but really the increase in sound quality is marginal compared to the LPS. I've played around with changing wires and soldering directly to power supplies and it is an improvement but changing to LPS was an excellent improvement. Both sound and picture. My old Optoma HD21 picture never looked better. At $150 US its very expensive for what it is. In fact you could make it yourself if you had a mind and tools. Parts can be purchased separately.

Robert 

Thank for your message. You’re absolutely right Robert. I could have done myself, but unfortunately I have a pretty busy live. This being said I was surprised to the SQ upgrade I got from it having in mind that I had already upgraded the original SMPS with a LPS from Clones Audio. All in all I am quite satisfied with the results. Cheers Jorge

1 hour ago, soares said:

I used the most expensive and sensitive signal & spectrum analyzer in the world. My ears!  Unfortunately data is encrypted for everyone else but me. Plissken 😌 and like-minded will be delighted with my findings!

😂🥳😂

my question is about how you compared the two - what did you do?